Election Info

Here are the relevant policies from all parties regarding the marine park issue

LABOR

COALITION

GREENS

Don't forget to have a look at the 14 key policy areas ie: health, economy, taxation, transport, broadband, families, water, law and order, environment, asylum seekers, immigration, education, defence and seniors

It is your vote so make sure you are well informed on all areas that matter to us as Australians.

mrsswordfisherman

Hi Donna that is a great idea for people to peruse all 3 promises.

The only trouble is we have too many sheep in our country,who can't

think for them selves.Raiders are the only ones who will read all three.

Others will look at bloody labour and leave it there,they just can't see what

has happened in labours term.thats enough for me I hate argueing over politic's.

I suppose when it comes down to the nitty gritty they are all tarred with the one brush.

These are the 2 bits from the Greens policy that i am most concerned with.

In the section under measures numberred 20

"ensure that the National Representative System of Marine Protected Areas program has legislated targets of a minimum of 30% ‘no take’ areas per bioregion by 2012."

and number

"restrict the use of seismic devices and other technologies that cause ecological harm, particularly to marine mammals. "

The reasons i worry is that you can bet your bottom dollar that the 30% will be on top of your favourite fishing spot and that seismic devicec = depth sounders.

Vote for who you want, I'm happy that the country will run ok under Liberal or Labour.

BUT i'm concerned that a labour win WITH Green preferences means that when the dealing is going on behind closed doors a lot of the extreme policies will stop being policies and become law.

Hi Donna that is a great idea for people to peruse all 3 promises.

The only trouble is we have too many sheep in our country,who can't

think for them selves.Raiders are the only ones who will read all three.

Others will look at bloody labour and leave it there,they just can't see what

has happened in labours term.thats enough for me I hate argueing over politic's.

I suppose when it comes down to the nitty gritty they are all tarred with the one brush.

Well said, just got back from standing in a line for 2hrs, walked in got my white and green paper and rolled them up and put them in the relavent boxes.

First time i hadnt voted for anyone, geeeeee i wonder why.

Well said, just got back from standing in a line for 2hrs, walked in got my white and green paper and rolled them up and put them in the relavent boxes.

Some people ....Don't complain when you can't go fishing any more :thumbdown:

Snag Iam glad you agree,but what you done is not helping keep

labour and greens out,you could have voted anyone just left the two down the list

in last and second last.

TBO I dont really care who others vote for and I'll never ask the question (and I'll never tell who I vote for)- but when its all said and done dont complain if you didnt vote @ all and then you lose out as a result.

Just a single vote can make a difference- I think there no point believing that anyone persons vote cannot make a difference in any election, whether it be Federal, State or Local.

... Maybe the one you dont vote for is one they cannot win in some minds but the numbers all add up eventually I guess.

I think we all want a sustainable future for the fishing industry and eceonomic prosperity for us and future generations- the party who alligns with my own family values of non-greed and encourages our kids through education and takes pride in our fine coutry will get my vote every time

Good luck to the winning party, whomever it may be

Tight Lines

Anthony

:)

Hello Raiders,

I heard something today said by a 75 year old farmer.

He said julie Gillard was a post tortise.when asked what a post tortise was.

He said,you know she didn't get up there by her self,she doesn't belong up there,

she doesn't know what to do while she's up there,she sure as hell isn't goin' anywhere,

and you just wonder what kind of dumb bastard put her up there in the first place.

I think he put it very well.

Cheers Rick.