Clarrie Hall Dam Fires!

Jewhunter

G'day Raiders.

After a wet & windy w/end it looked like the weather would get better as today went on.

New moon, rising barometer & easing winds seemed like the right conditions to fish the dam & so it was! :thumbup:

Got a fat 35cm fish early on a spinblade/grub combo. Kept throwing that around as well as a small jazz spinnerbait for zip. Worked hard for a few hours for one nice 39cm fish on a bass minnow.

Around 1pm I found a new area that had alot of fish showing. Ended up getting 8 along that bank slow hopping a 3' bass minnow on a 1/16th jig head along the bottom. All fish picked up the plastic on the long pauses I was using.

Ended up with 10 fish between 34 & 41cms with 2 over 40 & a few 37-39cms while my offsider got none! He was good with the net though. :biggrin2:

Only once before have I seen the bass up there in this type of condition. They were all very fat & went nuts when hooked. :yahoo: I was using my 1-3 Lox with 4lb braid & 8lb leader & don't know how I didn't break that little rod! Only had 1 fish stitch me up in the lilly pads as well.

Top session that I really enjoyed.

Cheers,

Grant.

OMG Grant!! :1yikes: What a terrific workout for your LOX Rod!!! What a fantastic day on the water ........ I only managed 1 nice one over 3 outings!!!!

Some of those fish look like they have SWALLOWED the football - they have been pigging out bigtime!!!

Well done, mate! Brilliant outing!!

Roberta

Great outing Grant :yahoo:

Your smile is much better as well in those photos and they certainly have been pigging out on something.

Congrats on a fantastic bass session.

Cheers Stewy

Great looking session and some awesome fish. I'd have more complimentary things to say if you hadn't called me in the middle of the day while I was working in Sydney to tell me how much fun you were having :1badmood:

Those Bass look like footballs after the ones in the Tweed :thumbup: Looks like you didn't have to travel to far to find them either... prettiest dam I've ever seen.

Cheers, Slinky

Thanks for the replies Raiders. :thumbup:

I was still buzzing today re-living every fish! :074:

It wasn't so much the length or numbers of the fish.

It was the way I made them bite & how they fought. :yahoo:

They really did go nuts on the light gear & it was a real challenge to get them to the net.

It's great to get back to finesse fishing & have it pay off.

I'd almost forgotten how much I love that dam.

As Slinky said, it would be the prettiest dam I've seen. But he is a big girl so I'll just say very bloody nice!!!! :074::074:

Cheers,

Grant.