Tips For Bream Around Structure

Juzza

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have tips of pulling the big brute out of their homes? using baits or lures. Currently landbased, fishing bridge pylons and jetty pylons. Have been dusted by a few bream too heavy to steer out of heavy structure. Currently using diawa tierra 2-4kg ~7ft rod (for both SPs and bait) and a tierra reel spooled with 3kg braid and 3kg leader.

Justin

Justin

Make sure your drag is correctly set first. The interweb has numerous articles on how to do this if your unsure. You can give a 3kg leader a surprising amount of stick if the setup is right. If your still struggling up the leader strength..you could go as far as 10 or 12lb. With bream its a balancing act between how heavy you can go before the bites stop happening. Tough times can see me using 2lb line to get a good bite. But I have used 14lb in heavy structure.

C.

Should i still be using 3kg braid with ~10 pound leader? Ill experiment a bit and see if it affects the amount of bites i get.

Still got the feeling of the adrenaline rush as you struggle to get the fish away from it's rocky home..

Should i still be using 3kg braid with ~10 pound leader? Ill experiment a bit and see if it affects the amount of bites i get.

Still got the feeling of the adrenaline rush as you struggle to get the fish away from it's rocky home..

6lb leader is fine just do a double uni knot, more turns for the braided end 10 to 12 turns and less turns on your leader 5 max...smaller leader aswell helps.