Botany Bay Fishing Spot Suggestions

Micky2010

Hey Guys,

Just bought a new boat a few month ago and have started going to Botany bay, but i wouldn’t have a clue were the spots are where the fish are.

Just wondering if you could give me some tips and pointers please. I’ll be back out their this Saturday if the weather is good and this time I’d like to catch a fish lol.

Cheers

Mickey

Theres a lot of spots in the bay you can try, one of my favs is over at

the oil wharf on the Kurnell side of the bay, I caught a heap of trevs and a

good few bream there at the end of last week. We tried Molli pt as well but

we didnt hook anything other than a couple of fiddler rays.

good luck

:1welcomeani:

You should get a good idea just by looking for areas where multiple boats huddle, although this isn't always the case. My advice would be to invest in the fishing school that Scotty Lyons runs which will show you the best techniques and most of the good spots on the bay. I learned heaps from it and am looking at doing it again just to pick his brain a little more.

Edited by eddie

Guest Aussie007

X marks some good spots u will need hard body lures pink and orange worked best blue caught the odd fish we have caught tailor,bonito,mack tuna at these spots its abit of a pain in the ass when the weed is about as it gets stuck on the lures later on in the warmer weather u can catch kingys at mol point but u will need to work your way through the tackle steeling leather jackets and the other 40 boats or u can head down to dolls point do some drifting for flat heads i caught one measuring over 80cm and lost a bigger flat head also my uncle has caught a kingy off of the wharf during late summer in the shallow water and a mate caught a kingy near the bridge also in late summer

post-3154-022425100 1285034092_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys,

Just bought a new boat a few month ago and have started going to Botany bay, but i wouldn’t have a clue were the spots are where the fish are.

Just wondering if you could give me some tips and pointers please. I’ll be back out their this Saturday if the weather is good and this time I’d like to catch a fish lol.

Cheers

Mickey

hey mickey,

get to a tackle shop or ****** buy yourself one of those blue and white maps of botany bay......if ya cant do that just go where the crowds are lol spots on the water dont get crowded for no reason

good luck

mick

ps having said that most of my luck has come from drifting around the flats in front of the novotel

For a start Botany Bay can be hard to fish at any time of the year,local knowledge is good but you

you must go with people who know the bay, certain areas at certain times produce a lot of fish

for eg, the southern channel marker west of the groynes of kurnell 300m north of that marker

will produce fish all year round ,i have seen bream schooling up in 30cm of water trying to get to

to new feeding grounds,mainly on a 1.7m plus tide in this area ,another good spot is the red

channel marker first on the right coming through Captain Cook Bridge .on the run out tide

large flathead up to 95cm have been caught ,main bait nippers . there are a few spots to get

large blue nose bream up to 2.270kg which is my best bream in the bay ,but you need to find

them ,on average the bay is full of fish all you need to do is find them

Good Luck Alex

ps i may see you at the social

and if you dont have a boat you

can come with me

Guest Aussie007

I am not sure where to go to find the fish, but I will say safety is the most important thing when fishing and boating. I marked an area in the map and suggest you pay attention to.

i think thats the bomby we have trolled thru it it a good day with no problems obviously if u see the waves u wont go into it...

:1welcomeani:

Hey Guys,

Cheers

Mickey

:1welcomeani: What type of boat did you buy? I don't fish Botany Bay much as I'm always in Port Hacking...cleaner estuary. The drums in the middle of Botany Bay is a spot where you can catch everything from Jewfish (large) to Kingfish, Trevally, Snapper etc (you can also gather your live baits here). Another spot I have done well is near a white pole on the Kurnnel side near Captain Cook's landing spot using worms, I have bagged out here many times on the biggest whiting I think the Bay could hold along with other species Bream, Trevally etc

Happy Fishing :1fishing1:

Pongrass18ft

Theres a lot of spots in the bay you can try, one of my favs is over at

the oil wharf on the Kurnell side of the bay, I caught a heap of trevs and a

good few bream there at the end of last week. We tried Molli pt as well but

we didnt hook anything other than a couple of fiddler rays.

good luck

Thanks mate ill be sure to give these spots a try and let you know how i go.

Mickey

Hey mickey

Go to the tackle shop and buy the dvd called A DAY ON THE BAY it will give you a good idea wear to fish and what the spots are called it is good dvd. :1fishing1:

Carlo

Hey Buddy,

Thank for the recomendation, iv ordered this in and cant wait to see it to bad it wont be in for this weekends fishing trip.

Cheers

Mickey

Hey Buddy,

Thank for the recomendation, iv ordered this in and cant wait to see it to bad it wont be in for this weekends fishing trip.

Cheers

Mickey

Hi Mickey, This video is made by Scotty Lyons and as I suggested, he can take you out on the bay hands on for a minimal cost.

Cheers

Eddie