Heavy Sinkers For Browns

Buy your self some 1inch or bigger diameter solid round bar and cut it into 2ft or so lengths depending how much weight you need to reach bottom

Weld or drill and tap an eye bolt on 1 end of the solid bar.

If your concerned about rust paint the round bar and eye bolt with some cheap paint but you normally loose it on the bottom before it rusts anyway.

can you tell us aprox what the inch round bar is worth

cheers arman

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I use old truck axles and cut them to 200mmish i use one and cut and weigh then i know what lenght is the right weight, I like about 2kg-2.5kgs(for electric reel) and weld a heavy split pin to the top.

Benny.

I use old truck axles and cut them to 200mmish i use one and cut and weigh then i know what lenght is the right weight, I like about 2kg-2.5kgs(for electric reel) and weld a heavy split pin to the top.

Benny.

speakin of which ,i need more,you delivering or do i have to pick up

I use round galvanised tube about 30mm diametre cut into i50mm to 200mm lengths and then filled with lead.

The gal tube you can find almost anywere and the lead you can buy from scrap yards at about $2.50 per kilo.

You need 1 to 2 kilos per weight and they hit the bottom in half the time of steel.

I was using lead sinkers for a while as we have special molds but ya go through so much lead and making them i got lead poisoning from melting the lead and it sucked.. But i find the lead is heavyer for its size then the axles 200mm of lead is 2.5kg and 200mm of axle is about 2kgs.

Benny..

I was using lead sinkers for a while as we have special molds but ya go through so much lead and making them i got lead poisoning from melting the lead and it sucked.. But i find the lead is heavyer for its size then the axles 200mm of lead is 2.5kg and 200mm of axle is about 2kgs.

Benny..

what do you mean

we

and i was going to talk to you regarding the nice issue ,lol

You know the rule!! If its left here for 3 month is fair game.. S@#t have i left anything at your place lately?? If so i need it back asap, cause ill need it this week.. And i think ive paid for the rental of them molds for the next 10yr's in MINCE, LEAD, AXLES and ICE!!! lol..

Benny..