Flathead Fillets

luvbigfish

hi raiders , this is probably nothing new,but thought id share to those who havnt tried this , got this from a fishing show , i used flathead fillets skinned & boned ,tossed lightly in flour then coated in egg , then crushed up a few packets of salt & vinegar chips into fine crumbs then coated the fish with it ,fried up with some oil & butter till golden brown on both sides was delicious!!!

cheers paul.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I seen the same show as you but I watched a couple of guy's do that, if it's the same one they do a cook up in 60seconds on their show. Watching it I thought the chips would soak up too much oil? Most of their cooking looks like someone tells them to throw a few bits and pieces in and what the hell it's not a cooking show.

Regards Jeff

I don't know if I seen the same show as you but I watched a couple of guy's do that, if it's the same one they do a cook up in 60seconds on their show. Watching it I thought the chips would soak up too much oil? Most of their cooking looks like someone tells them to throw a few bits and pieces in and what the hell it's not a cooking show.

Regards Jeff

yeah thats the show jeff , it does soak up the oil a bit but no more than crumbed , just pat it down with some paper towel and its delicious ,if you have kids they'll luv it i know mine did and im a fan too.

cheers paul

• 3 weeks later...