Where To Find King's

BigKing

Hi Raiders

I am planing to go for fishing Sunday evening 17 Oct 2010 . If someone can guide me where possibly we can find some King’s near the N, S head / Long reef. The weather looks good after 1pm and planing to fish in the evening up to sunset or may be later. Much appreciated If some one can guide me some spots or GPS Points

Can someone guide me how the tide will affect. it low tide at 11:50 am the Hi Tide at 5.45 pm and then it goes out. According to this tide where At what time where should I place myself. To get the best possible results.

According to me plan I want to get some yellowtail first. And then do live baiting. And down rigging.

Thanks in advance.

BigKing

Big King... If only it were as simple as you suggest, i.e. low tide is at 11:50 so if you go to blah you will find Kings between 10am and 1pm. As a general rule of thumb the better times to fish are around the changes of the tide, i.e. a high or low and a couple of hours either side, although that is not to say that you won't catch fish outside of those times. There are no hard and fast rules, but the all fish and Kings in particular like current. You may have heard the saying - "no run, no fun", i.e. if the current/tide is'nt moving then there won't be any fishing action.

At the moment the Kings are still fairly spread out, although they are starting to show up a little more regularly. The places you have mentioned i.e. the Heads and Long reef are not bad bets, but they can also be a bit hit and miss, particularly at this time of year.

If i were you, especially as the weather forecast for tomorrow is a bit average anyway, and there will likely be a bit of swell outside, i would focus your efforts on the main harbour and middle harbour. It sounds as if you have a downrigger. Catch yourself some yakkas and squid and downrig some spots inside the harbour. Try the Old Mans hat stretch along the drop off where it goes from about 15m into 20m plus and also where the Waverider buoy used to be.

Also the Yellow Buoy near Nielson Park, The Sticks off Rose Bay, The North Side of Shark Island, Clark Island Wreck are all good spots to potentially find fish.

In middle harbour try downrigging along the Seaforth stretch of moorings and over the wrecks in Sailors Bay, Sugarloaf Bay and Quakers Hat bay.

If you try at all of the above spots with good bait (i.e. fresh squid and or livies, Yakkas or Slimies) i would be surprised if you didn't find any fish.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Hi Jim77,

That's an awesome reply :thumbup: I'm fishing with BigKing tomorrow, and your tips are most welcome. I'll take some photos tomorrow and whether we catch anything or not I'll post a full report.

Thanks again

:1fishing1:

Big King... If only it were as simple as you suggest, i.e. low tide is at 11:50 so if you go to blah you will find Kings between 10am and 1pm. As a general rule of thumb the better times to fish are around the changes of the tide, i.e. a high or low and a couple of hours either side, although that is not to say that you won't catch fish outside of those times. There are no hard and fast rules, but the all fish and Kings in particular like current. You may have heard the saying - "no run, no fun", i.e. if the current/tide is'nt moving then there won't be any fishing action.

At the moment the Kings are still fairly spread out, although they are starting to show up a little more regularly. The places you have mentioned i.e. the Heads and Long reef are not bad bets, but they can also be a bit hit and miss, particularly at this time of year.

If i were you, especially as the weather forecast for tomorrow is a bit average anyway, and there will likely be a bit of swell outside, i would focus your efforts on the main harbour and middle harbour. It sounds as if you have a downrigger. Catch yourself some yakkas and squid and downrig some spots inside the harbour. Try the Old Mans hat stretch along the drop off where it goes from about 15m into 20m plus and also where the Waverider buoy used to be.

Also the Yellow Buoy near Nielson Park, The Sticks off Rose Bay, The North Side of Shark Island, Clark Island Wreck are all good spots to potentially find fish.

In middle harbour try downrigging along the Seaforth stretch of moorings and over the wrecks in Sailors Bay, Sugarloaf Bay and Quakers Hat bay.

If you try at all of the above spots with good bait (i.e. fresh squid and or livies, Yakkas or Slimies) i would be surprised if you didn't find any fish.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Thanks Jim77 and Dan Awesome reply. I did go fishing on Sunday. Got some Yakkas and tried some spots. But could not get anything. Next time I will go I will try to cover the spots you have indicated. It is a great help. I think we should start one new Topic

Targeting KingFish it will be good for all the member’s

Thanks

BigKing.