Lake Mac Today

Breambucket

Hey guys i went to the lower end of lake mac to visit my Nanna do some yard work and catch her a feed of fish :)

Things started slow and after all the winds we have had it didnt look too promising, my plan was to target the deep areas around Mannering Park in search of a few bream and flatties, After a couple of location changes we found fish and within half an hour we had 3 legal bream biggest bein 33cm and i pulled hooks on a snapper at the boat that i recon would of gone 40cm :ranting2: Oh well things slowed down again and started to make our way back to the ramp and tried one more spot and within 3 cast i landed this nice flounder 33-34 cm on a 80mm bloodworm wriggler!

ano3v7.jpg

for shits and giggles i wanted to see the lure record for them and guess what? i get one of them green record holder thingys at the bottom of my posts from now on hopefully :)

We caught another one of around 30cm and called it quits

All fish were caught on either ecogear zx shrimp blades or squidgy 80mm wrigglers in blood worm colour, oh and sorry for no other pics as everything legal this time went into the esky for Nannas freezer :yahoo:

Pete

Nice flounder there Pete, the lake has been quite productive last week or so, rumour has it there's been a few kings around Swansea bridge also. And the squid are coming on in the lake :yahoo:

lake mac is one water way i want to fish more and more its soo big its pretty daunting when trying to target some species

Pete

Nice fish. What did you think of the ZX's? I've got a couple and I reckon that they are gonna be killer on yella.

Mick

Hey mick i love using them especially when things are goin tough. to date i got my pb bream at 42.5cm with a zx and another 2 in the 40's with them as well. Also my only 2 black fish on lure fell to them, a couple of flatties in the high 60's and even that tailor in my display pic :)

You can work them really fast too because the hooks wont foul up like the trebles on normal blades and wont get snagged as much fishing around weed patches

Pete

Great fish Breambucket!

My girl's been at me to try and catch more flounder, she loves them.

You comment "for s#@ts and giggles" urged me to check out the catfish record... Looks like i've got that one in the bag now after my 67cm eeltail catfish that i caught on tuesday arvo. Hope it all gets approved, might help me impress some women at the local ;)