Jew Hunt A Success!

Hey Peoples, Fished The upper Georges Yesterday afternoon and early this morning with Musty for some good catchs :thumbup:

Yesterday i managed to hook two Jews But only landed the one fish of 70cm, also managed a few nice bream on atomic hard bodys and minnow plastics, One fish going 39cm.

Returned very early this morning to have another crack at a Jew before work, Knowing there was a few good fish in the area it was only a matter of time before the lure was belted, 20mins in the session the 2000 series reel came to life and i was into a good fish, Sun was just poking it head out and the river was a sheet of glass with a mist coming of the water!!!!! Does it get any better?

A few Smoking runs and a couple mins later it was in the net and i was cheering!!

Musty Christend the yak on a nice little fella of 60+cm but i did'nt manage to get any Footage of the catch, 20-30MINS later i just about had given up when Musty hooked anther solid fish so i began to film the catch, called it for a small stinky but turned out to be another Horse BlueNose bream 39cm.

Bloody Great fun as always with plenty of laughs, cheers for the company Mussa!!!!

Bare with us guys, Just need to upload a short flim onto youtube and will pop it up either tonight or first thing in the morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3iCKV-FXM0

Cheers, Mick :beersmile:

Nambucca booked for mid November!!!! Cant wait to get up there........

Edited by bloopin

Mate how good is that....welldone....where do you fish in nambucca and what do you target...we get up there for the middle two weeks of January each year....just can't get enough of it....

Edited by Poddy Trapper

Ha ha ha what a great little session mate havnt laughed that hard in ages. Thanks for the great company as usual :thumbup: Till next time! Hopefully we can get towed around good and proper by some big stinkies! :074:

Musty

Mate how good is that....welldone....where do you fish in nambucca and what do you target...we get up there for the middle two weeks of January each year....just can't get enough of it....

Hey mate, mainly lizards during the spring and thumper whiting during chrisy hol's.

Flicking along the v-wall from a boat is always fun, mouth of warrel creek and the island opposite the golf course are always gun areas for big flatties.

Might head way up warrel this next trip and target some bass in the fresh.

I love it up there, i could live there very easy

Cheers, Mick

Ha ha ha what a great little session mate havnt laughed that hard in ages. Thanks for the great company as usual :thumbup: Till next time! Hopefully we can get towed around good and proper by some big stinkies! :074:

Musty

Cant wait till the mother lover decides to latch onto the plastic mate!!!!!

Imagine the facials im going to pull then!!!! :074::074::074:

gee's mick talk about stonker bream and jews your vids are awesome to watch.

watching you retrieve has made me want to change my retrieval, i tend to let the placcy sit alot longer than u do definatly gonna try your way next time im out.

great stuff mate keep the vids coming.

cheers hamerz.

It's threads like this that make it INCREDIBLY hard to study especially when my newly purchased Hobie Quest sits patiently in the garage still in its wrapping. Can't wait to get my first jew on lure, but if I have to put up with some blue-nose breambos to get it I suppose I can deal with that :1prop:

Great work,

Adam.

thats just a massive tease, not long now though and i will be able to go out and give them a shot.... its only 4 more exams.

Some awesome jewies too, you can really see the colours of them with the camera too. looks awesome. good work on them :thumbup:

Cheers for the replys guys :biggrin2:

Wrongbait- ive just recently purchaced that reel mate, its a Quantum Energy ei20(basically 2000 series). Honestly for a reel that cost 160-170 smackers you cant go wrong with it, all the things you would find on a very expensive reel and a third of the price. Full aluminum body,10 ball bearings,ceramic drag and has a titanium bail arm.

The cam is a sony HDR-XR150 100+GB harddrive and a 6hour battery pack on it so i just set it up at the start of a session and let it role, its mounted on a base if a tripod with ive fixed with epoxy to the front of the yak, of corse it gets wet up front so i can only take it out when conditions are perfect, There is a water proof housing available for it but it cost 350 smackers.

I have a wide angle lens on the way, so i can get more of the action in.

Bit of fun and saves me mucking around with a camera when i go out.

BASSBOY- Mate good luck with the exams, you must be stinging for a flick..... Lucky there's not much around at the moment :074:

Cheers for the replys guys :biggrin2:

Wrongbait- ive just recently purchaced that reel mate, its a Quantum Energy ei20(basically 2000 series). Honestly for a reel that cost 160-170 smackers you cant go wrong with it, all the things you would find on a very expensive reel and a third of the price. Full aluminum body,10 ball bearings,ceramic drag and has a titanium bail arm.

The cam is a sony HDR-XR150 100+GB harddrive and a 6hour battery pack on it so i just set it up at the start of a session and let it role, its mounted on a base if a tripod with ive fixed with epoxy to the front of the yak, of corse it gets wet up front so i can only take it out when conditions are perfect, There is a water proof housing available for it but it cost 350 smackers.

I have a wide angle lens on the way, so i can get more of the action in.

Bit of fun and saves me mucking around with a camera when i go out.

BASSBOY- Mate good luck with the exams, you must be stinging for a flick..... Lucky there's not much around at the moment :074:

Great footage and fishing guys.Well done

Hey mate, mainly lizards during the spring and thumper whiting during chrisy hol's.

Flicking along the v-wall from a boat is always fun, mouth of warrel creek and the island opposite the golf course are always gun areas for big flatties.

Might head way up warrel this next trip and target some bass in the fresh.

I love it up there, i could live there very easy

Cheers, Mick

Hmmm we smacked heaps of whiting on popper up there last year, mainly around Warrel and had an all time bass sesh way up river too...good luck on your trip, I'm stinging to get up there....grrr 3 months is too long to wait....make sure you give us a run down when you get back too...