Botany Bay Friday Arvo

tinny1

Headed out to the bay on Friday arvo to flick some plastics at the trevally for a few hrs , the tide was running out, there was some good cloud cover and a slight breeze just perfect!.No sooner than my very 1st cast hit the water a little 30cm screamer inhaled my 4" watermelon gulp,pretty good start to the arvo ,then over the next 2-3hrs i had boated 12 keepers 4 over 45cm those puppies took me 3 times around the boat before i got them in the net i threw back 4 under 25cm and lost 3 when they spat out the plastic.Great day on the bay!!

Edited by tinny1

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering were you using the jigging grubs and can you tell me the jig head size that you used.Were you using the Nitros.

Cheers Steve

G'day Steve ,

I use mainly the 4" watermelon gulp worms on a 1/8 ounce nitro jig head ( step up to 1/4 ounce when the breeze is less ) attached to 6lb braid with 6lb invisible leader approx 2mtrs long my gear is just a small 2000 spinning reel 7'2" 1 piece plastics rod, always have success on all the 3" and 4" gulp worm range , but as soon as you lose the little tail on the end their useless.Fish anywhere in the bay in 2-4mtrs of weedy water Rgds Mark