Importing A Boat From The Usa To Australia

olitay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the same import fees ie; customs, qaurantine, port fees etc would apply for boats and trailers imported from China?

Also do you need trailer permits for small trailers for boats under 5m?

The same AND MORE. We don't have an FTA with China so you would be up for duty as well. Not sure of the amount but it is usually anywhere from 15 to 30 %

• 4 weeks later...

[Hi all, I'm new to this and just got a boat landed myself from USA. 2005 2502 Trophy Pro with twin 135 Merc O/B's. Apart from the trailer issue I am working through at the moment I thought I would give you these facts and figures. Boat cost $35k, shipping and insurance including road freight in USA was about $15k, GST and Aust Port Fees $6500. This boat from what I have seen will sell for upwards of $90k in the right condition and low engine hrs etc.

The trailer is 2.7m from guard to guard so need to modify along with the brake system, lights and hitch. Problem I have is the axles are full torsion setup so they cannot be cut to shorten so possibly looking at new axle set up ($5,500 + hitch and brake mods $1500). I'm still looking at other options but even if I end up doing this option I figure I'm still in front.

Will let you all know.

Hey buddy,

how long did it take to clear customs as my boat lands on Thursday.

also were you allowed to pick it up straight from the docs or did you have to do a induction?

Thanks

Michael

Hey buddy,

how long did it take to clear customs as my boat lands on Thursday.

also were you allowed to pick it up straight from the docs or did you have to do a induction?

Thanks

Michael

Should be no more that a few days to clear. Dont try and Tow it, the coppers wait around the corner and you WILL be fined 550 for unregistered vehicle. Im talking from experience.

• 2 weeks later...

post-18325-051059600 1306254464_thumb.jpg

Well here she is..."My Bonus".....

Got it off the wharf and all ok (well the step son did actually,I had to fly back up to site the morning it was cleared.

She's been scrubbed and cleaned, had it into the shop for a once over - all ok.

And might I say the 2 times I have had her out ...bloody Awesome..........