King Fish Or Bonito Fishing

boy53

Hi Guys,

I'd like to chase some king fish. I never caught King fish and I'm fairly noob at fishing :( I heard that there are lot of kings around Sydney Harbour now and hope to chase some kings or bonito from rock or around harbour (landbase). As I'm inexperience in rock fishing and limited knowledge to rock platforms, I don't want to go by myself. I'm willing to travel and preferable around syd harbour.

Or if you have any good and safe spots for newbie, please let me know :) This sat tide is kinda good and if it's not raining, I'll go alone.

Your name: Max

Your Location: Sydney City

Fishing technique: Rock Fishing

Availability: Saturday Only

Preferred location: Happy to travel

Provide your own gear? I have 9ft and 13ft rod + reels

Thanks for reading

Im happy to take you rock fishing some time mate although im busy the next couple of weekends :thumbdown:

If your inexperienced I would be very mindful of fishing off the rocks, especially on your own.

Make sure you tell people exactly where you will be fishing and what time you plan to be back, wearing an inflatable PFD is a great idea and NEVER turn your back on the sea.

Good luck!

Musty

Im happy to take you rock fishing some time mate although im busy the next couple of weekends :thumbdown:

If your inexperienced I would be very mindful of fishing off the rocks, especially on your own.

Make sure you tell people exactly where you will be fishing and what time you plan to be back, wearing an inflatable PFD is a great idea and NEVER turn your back on the sea.

Good luck!

Musty

Thanks for reply Musty. I know it's dangerous. Maybe I'll just try out at Balmain area until i can look for someone to take me around :)

u dont have to go of the rcks for kings there are some good landbased spots around Woolloomooloo i have seen some monster kings cruise past few guys with me got spooled on light gear in seconds!

Nice, I just looked up google map. It seems that end of botanic garden could be good too. Garden Island looks really good spot but I don't think you can fish there.

Nice, I just looked up google map. It seems that end of botanic garden could be good too. Garden Island looks really good spot but I don't think you can fish there.

double check if you can fish at botanic gardens, i thought u couldnt

double check if you can fish at botanic gardens, i thought u couldnt

Botanic Garden is not a good place tho. I went to Peir 2 on Sunday 6am. There was like 10 people there and no spots left. So I went to Clifton garden and got there like 6:15am. Again, there were like 9 people !!! Wasn't even high tide and people were there. I fished for like 30 mins and a guy caught tailor, I would say it was under size but he kept it. I notice few other guys caught small fish too but they never put it back to water :thumbdown:

Stayed for another 10 mins and I left to Bradley's head to have a look. Wasn't that nice either lol. Finally I decided to go back home at 7am to sleep haha. FAILED