70Cm Groper Off Sydney

craigbutcher

HI Raiders

I came accross this 70cm GROPER fishing with prawns in the cold water off sydney Heads

Good fight on light tackle

Butch

Hi Butch, What bait did u use? Landbased or boating? I never catch one in boat but caught a lot in landbase in clovelly.

Cheers,

Phil

Yeh it from my 4m centre console, drifting accross a patch of reef (on the sounder) with prawn

Light running ball sinker, light gear, 4/O hook. Got smoked by what I think was a solid red about 10mins before this further out in around 20m of water

This Groper was caught in around 10m of water, in what was showing as 15oc freezing water

We had to chase it in the boat as I could stop the first run!

Yeh it from my 4m centre console, drifting accross a patch of reef (on the sounder) with prawn

Light running ball sinker, light gear, 4/O hook. Got smoked by what I think was a solid red about 10mins before this further out in around 20m of water

This Groper was caught in around 10m of water, in what was showing as 15oc freezing water

We had to chase it in the boat as I could stop the first run!

Thanx Butch. I'm quite new to boating and just wonder how to identify the reef from the sounder. My fishfinder is Garmin 400C and the instruction manual does not tell u how to identify objects from screen. How does the reef look like from the screen? If anyone can assist me with picture that will be great.

Cheers, Phil