Anything Anywhere!

budzsta

Hey all,

Your name: William Jorgensen

Your Location: City, but willing to travel anywhere really

Fishing technique: Any fish, I have only ever caught bream, snapper and flatties

Availability: Any day until mid Jan

Preferred location: Anywhere

Provide your own gear? Yes (I don't really know how to answer this question, my gear might not be considered 'gear' considering I am really just a novice).

Provide your own boat? No, But will pay for fuel and travel etc.

Hey All,

Im Will, Im 23, work in research. I used to go fishing quite a lot when my parents had a boat, they have sold it since.

I am also fijian, so I have a natural tendency to be drawn towards water and fishing. I go fishing of the shore quite a lot. Bundeena mostly. I've caught tailor and snapper there.

When I do go fishing with mates, I am generally the last man standing. I always have a line in and would be quite happy fishing for days.

If anyone would be willing to lend a helping hand, just to show me the ropes, I would be extremely grateful.

Also if someone could give me a list of essential items for the novice fisher (there is probably already one on here somewhere, I havn't looked yet)

Just what is some good tackle to get a hold of.

Cheers and best regards,

Will

Edited by Budzsta

Hey all,

Your name: William Jorgensen

Your Location: City, but willing to travel anywhere really

Fishing technique: Any fish, I have only ever caught bream, snapper and flatties

Availability: Weekends only

Preferred location: Anywhere

Provide your own gear? Yes (I don't really know how to answer this question, my gear might not be considered 'gear' considering I am really just a novice).

Provide your own boat? No, But will pay for fuel and travel etc.

Hey All,

Im Will, Im 23, work in research. I used to go fishing quite a lot when my parents had a boat, they have sold it since.

I am also fijian, so I have a natural tendency to be drawn towards water and fishing. I go fishing of the shore quite a lot. Bundeena mostly. I've caught tailor and snapper there.

When I do go fishing with mates, I am generally the last man standing. I always have a line in and would be quite happy fishing for days.

If anyone would be willing to lend a helping hand, just to show me the ropes, I would be extremely grateful.

Also if someone could give me a list of essential items for the novice fisher (there is probably already one on here somewhere, I havn't looked yet)

Cheers and best regards,

Will

Will, that is a very good idea to have an article about what a beginner needs to start off.

Is there a raider out there that would like to write something up?

mrsswordie

Cheers and best regards,

Will

G'Day Will

The equipment you require will generally be suggested to you by the person who adopts you for the day, according to the species being targeted. They may even be able to provide you with a spare outfit, so you know exactly what to purchase if you want to pursue those fish in the future. Line weight, leader weight, terminal tackle and lures can all be discussed prior to hitting the water. If you're intent on purchasing a new outfit, let them know your spending limit so they can advise you accordingly. Some of the things you should consider taking care of personally are:

NSW Fishing Licence (unless exempt)

Suitable attire for weather (Hat, wet-weather gear, footwear, etc)

A drink and some tucker

Money to cover expenses such as fuel and bait

CAMERA

Make sure you discuss your level of proficiency with the mentor too. Provided you can cast reasonably accurately, can tie your own knot and have a general idea of lure or bait fishing then the hard work is behind you. If you struggle with these basics then at least the mentor knows where to start and may suggest a tutorial on the bank before you venture out on the water.

When you're out there, watch your mentor like a hawk! :biggrin2: They can teach you those small intricacies that lead to cheshire-grinning success. It's a great time of year to learn, with most species starting to get quite active now. Good luck mate! :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Hey Hodgey,

Thanks for the info.

I actually have been fishing quite a bit.

I can cast and rig a line, take fish off hooks, pendulum cast from the shore.

I have two beach rods, and 2 8 footers.

Im more interested in learning how to use livies and catch the big fish.

Kingies, Jewies and so on.

Help on some good beach fishing also, like learning to read a beach would be much appreciated.

But I do really appreciate the info.

I think I need to just get the clothing.

Thanks again Hodgey