Crackdown On Illegal Fishing

Captin

i bloody hope so !!!

i was on the rocks Tue morning when i was joined by a nice enough bloke and we shared the outcrop. he pulled up a baby snapper and i made the comment "nice little fish, good start but your going to throw it back right ?" - He didnt.

bit more time goes by he pulls up a nice flounder, but he has no idea what it is. Same with a good size leather jacket.

he pulls up another baby snapper and 2 small bream. He keeps the lot.

As he goes to leave he asks if i wanted the flounder or leather jacket. i say no as ive caught 2 good flathead... so he throws em back into the bay. I couldnt believe it. Why kill the fish if your not going to keep it. On top of that i cleaned up after him when i noticed he'd stuffed rubbish into the ledges :ranting2: (he was gone by that stage)

if i had my phone on me id have called fisheries. these people have no respect

your rite fezza the entrance is shocking wen it comes 2 people keeping undersize fish and more than there bag limit iv been there a couple of time seen wat people keep it burns me i was goin 2 go 4 witting session there wif lures but its gona b packed out so i fink im gona stay and fish the hacking

I drove through there last night on way home from work, all the glow lights it looked like the 4th of july.

I refuse to go there during holidays as I usually end up in heated discussions because of undersize fish and bag limits etc.

I "hope" fisheries smash that area this year.

People who keep undersize fish are hurting everyone including themselves fish need to reach a age where they can breed and what,s the point anyway most time they would be all bone.Should be more inspectors around because i do alot of fishing has seen it many times.

• 4 weeks later...

These B@st@rds who take undersize fish should be forced to do community service. They should be taken by the bus load on the weekends & made to fish for the carp that infest our rivers (this would be supervised by fisheries officers) & they would not be allowed to leave until they caught the same quantity that they had taken illegally. Keeps the ferals from our waterways in both cases. :ranting2: