ARTICLE - Beach Worming .......... How I Do It At Forster! by Roberta

arpie

This is great! Thanks for the tips and with the devil in the detail it's great to have someone go over the finer points so thoroughly!

I had my first go yesterday with a mate who does this a bit. He pulled a couple of smallish worms, I ended up with just the inch off the top of one as I squeezed a bit too hard with the pliers and ripped the head off!

Can't wait to go again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Roberta and all! We're heading to diamond beach with my young family and I won't have the chance to try my luck at catching worms. Is there somewhere or someone I can buy live worms from in Forster area? Chey

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Roberta - fantastic read and couldn’t agree more. My grandparents have lived in Forster all my life and that’s where I developed my first love for fishing. I was lucky enough to be born with a worm whisperer for a grandfather who passed on the skill. My party trick on boomerang beach is pulling a couple of worms out with my toes! 

Tight lines ?

• 2 months later...

covered all the points brother good read! Everyone has been there shouting at the sky when that big worm slips your grasp never to be seen again! I switched to the pliers after many  hours managing maybe two or three worms a session, as soon as i used the pliers not one of the buggers got away! I might of taken a few half worms in the beginning but that part of the learning curve:D

On 2/7/2018 at 1:16 PM, CJay said:

covered all the points brother good read! Everyone has been there shouting at the sky when that big worm slips your grasp never to be seen again! I switched to the pliers after many  hours managing maybe two or three worms a session, as soon as i used the pliers not one of the buggers got away! I might of taken a few half worms in the beginning but that part of the learning curve:D

hey man, what pliers do you use? do you use the alvey worming pliers? I find that when i grab onto a worm, the worm just slips through the pliers. Am i not sqeeuzing hard enough or do you recommend a different type of pliers?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...