6 Species on bread

funnierthanu

Headed down to Sussex Inlet for a fish this year instead of heading north . The wife and i had planed for a night fish for whiting then sleep in the cabin and fish again in the morning . We caught 20 whiting and 30 bream in 3hrs fishing in the shallow water less than a metre deep .We must have also got 20 stingrays but they live where the whiting live . In the morning we did some float fishing and managed 6 species on a $3.00 loaf of bread . It is one of the best waterways down south with little tide movement which is handy for float fishing . Cheers raiderspost-9468-031556500 1294476070_thumb.jpgpost-9468-071432400 1294476227_thumb.jpg

post-9468-035434600 1294476200_thumb.jpg

awesome report, me and a few friends were actually thinking of going to sussex inlet for australia day break and fish there for a few days...it was either that or my suggestion of swansea...

did you hire or use a boat when u went fishing or was this all land based stuff?.....

we were actually leaning more towards swansea, but after seeing your report i think i might need to show this to them and end up changing travel plans. :thumbup:

awesome report, me and a few friends were actually thinking of going to sussex inlet for australia day break and fish there for a few days...it was either that or my suggestion of swansea...

did you hire or use a boat when u went fishing or was this all land based stuff?.....

we were actually leaning more towards swansea, but after seeing your report i think i might need to show this to them and end up changing travel plans. :thumbup:

We were in a boat at the end of the channel , but a mate got 70 fish at swansea last week , now your going to be really confused .

We are heading to Sussex Inlet for a week as soon as this rain shower passes. We are staying at Alonga Cottages and I will let you know how we go but we will probably mainly fish St Georges Basin. There are heaps of places in Sussex Inlet which hire boats.

Hey funny,

All on bread?

I bet YOU could catch fish on banana pieces....

So how do you put the bread on the hook?

Do you knead the bread (crust removed) to form a ball or do you just hook it up as it is?

Fished in a burley trail or cast here and there?

So who caught more - the missus or you?

OK you don't have to answer that one...

At least you can get your missus to come with you - mine merely tolerates me going each weekend - which is not a bad thing really....

Tony

Well I reckon if someone just got 70 fish from Swansea, that ought to make your decision obvious as there can't be much left alive in Swansea hehe :biggrin2:

Hehe on the serious side, I like it when people mention in their reports not just what was caught but also what was released. Great to hear when people catch a massive haul but you also want to hear what they threw back for another day. I know most people do only keep enough for a feed but some reports read like a horror story because it sounds like half the system was caught and wiped out because they ommitted the release details.

Trying to put a positive spin and a potentially negative subject, bope you get what I mean.

Spanker

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww come onnnnnnn... i is sooo confusssed :wacko::074:

do you know if u can hire a boat in sussex inlet?... i only know u can in swansea

oh gawd... i dont know where to go anymore haha

cheers for the info

olly

I seen hire boats everywhere so i guess you can hire them from the inlet

Hey funny,

All on bread?

I bet YOU could catch fish on banana pieces....

So how do you put the bread on the hook?

Do you knead the bread (crust removed) to form a ball or do you just hook it up as it is?

Fished in a burley trail or cast here and there?

So who caught more - the missus or you?

OK you don't have to answer that one...

At least you can get your missus to come with you - mine merely tolerates me going each weekend - which is not a bad thing really....

Tony

Tony , you must have a bread burley but very little as you can fill them up easily , as for the way to put it on you have to squeeze the bread around the eye of the hook and leave the rest fluffy in the shape of a bell , as for the misses , yep she got more than me as she had the side of the boat that had the weed bed , HA HA