"Plemos" First trip "Marlin"

Yarraone

Well I had been planning this trip for a few months and finialy got it all organised.. One of the reasons for this trip was, my 16 yr olds birthday.. :1happybday: I didnt knkow what to get him as it is so close to xmas.. So i thought I will take him on the charter.. :thumbup:

Well, we are all on board Reef Magice, it is a great day weather wise.. Joining me was a friend from Bathurst and 2 other raiders "dhype" with guest and "LeoB". We board at 7am and head out ..Water was great, weather was great.

post-6381-021782100 1294520624_thumb.jpg

post-6381-080324800 1294520603_thumb.jpg

Tried the 9mile first with no luck Jigging.. for a few of us this was the first time jigging.

Then we went to the 12 mile where there were a few boats shark fishing and starting to hear of other boats in the area.. No luck at the 12 mile either.. :05: So we load up the the big stuff and we head out towards Browns.. There are a few reports on the radio about some fish being hooked and talk of tuna around, but very quite otherwise..

It wasnt to long and we all were bought to attention with that magic sound of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. And what a run.. while we were pulling in the other lines , my son jumped straight over me and grabbed thethe rod.. I saif to him HANG ON..

post-6381-092910800 1294520581_thumb.jpg

post-6381-079576400 1294520590_thumb.jpg

That little white dot in the photo on the horrizon is the first jump...LOL

With a good hook up.. here we go.. Some were saying dollie, but I had a feeling.. then there it was with great jumps after tearing line for so long.."Strip Marlin" and a good one..

NOW.. This is my sons first deep sea trip and only the 3rd time on the salt.. and he has his first Marlin :ranting2: ..LOL

the fight took over an hour, and he wasnt giving up for no one..he did so well :thumbup:

It had 3 massive runs with one stage after getting him to wothin about 30meters to the boat he took of again for nearly 700 or so.. and it was start again..

post-6381-066682700 1294520571_thumb.jpg

post-6381-002858000 1294520615_thumb.jpg

post-6381-086471000 1294520643_thumb.jpg

We finaly got him back and the windon leader ready to tag... Got some photos getting ready to get the hooks.............SNAP!!!!

Here He is totaly nackered after about an hour and a half.. dissapointed and still over the moon for his first marlin

post-6381-049075600 1294520633_thumb.jpg

Every one went quite..............then we all cheered and shook his hand and congratulated him.. Hee only had about 6 to 12 inches to go before we had a hold of that fish, So in my book it was a great capture and a even better release.. Well done SON.. :thumbup:

I would just like to thank the other raiders and friends that came along.. as well as the crew from Reef Magic.. What a day and we will be back for sure .. we are already looking at dater for the next one..

I didnt actuly get a photo of the fish up close but when the photos are sent through by the other guys I will post them

Edited by yarraone

Good on you :thumbup:

You will never forget that first fight and yes, I have been there too not being able to get it to the boat before it snapped :ranting2:

Go back and have a another try and you will get a good look at your fish. There is something special about seeing that big beautiful marlin eye close up.

The cheering and backslapping makes it all worthwhile though and what a great present to give your son, Sean :1yikes:

mrsswordie

Congrats on a great first effort on a marlin. They can be tricky buggers near the boat!

How dedicated is Captain Mike. Out at sea with a broken collarbone and an arm in a sling. Thank heavens he did have other crew on board for this trip!

Cheers,

Bob.

Edited by GAMBIT

Good on you :thumbup:

You will never forget that first fight and yes, I have been there too not being able to get it to the boat before it snapped :ranting2:

Go back and have a another try and you will get a good look at your fish. There is something special about seeing that big beautiful marlin eye close up.

The cheering and backslapping makes it all worthwhile though and what a great present to give your son, Sean :1yikes:

mrsswordie

Thank you.. we did see the fish and had it all the way to the boat and on the surface when it did snap.. I was trying to tag the fish when the leader snapped.. so I didnt get a photo.. but one of the other guys did .. I am just waiting for him to email me the photos to see if any are clear enough to post

Congrats on a great first effort on a marlin. They can be tricky buggers near the boat!

How dedicated is Captain Mike. Out at sea with a broken collarbone and an arm in a sling. Thank heavens he did have other crew on board for this trip!

Cheers,

Bob.

Yep forsure thr crew were all great and I am already discussing trip 2 with the wife

Thats fantastic Sean and well done Plemo .............go you good thing.

You were releasing the marlin anyway so thats a capture :yahoo:

Good job to all of you for being there and sharing the whole experience which is always a team and boat effort :thumbup:

Cheers Swordie

Thats fantastic Sean and well done Plemo .............go you good thing.

You were releasing the marlin anyway so thats a capture :yahoo:

Good job to all of you for being there and sharing the whole experience which is always a team and boat effort :thumbup:

Cheers Swordie

Thanks Stewie, Blake was wondering if he could enter it as a catch of the month, even though you cant actualy see the fish clearly or the sizzors, as Damieon has the sizzors around his neck... I think he just wants to gloat a bit more...LOL :thumbup:

Well I had been planning this trip for a few months and finialy got it all organised.. One of the reasons for this trip was, my 16 yr olds birthday.. :1happybday: I didnt knkow what to get him as it is so close to xmas.. So i thought I will take him on the charter.. :thumbup:

Well, we are all on board Reef Magice, it is a great day weather wise.. Joining me was a friend from Bathurst and 2 other raiders "dhype" with guest and "LeoB". We board at 7am and head out ..Water was great, weather was great.

post-6381-021782100 1294520624_thumb.jpg

post-6381-080324800 1294520603_thumb.jpg

Tried the 9mile first with no luck Jigging.. for a few of us this was the first time jigging.

Then we went to the 12 mile where there were a few boats shark fishing and starting to hear of other boats in the area.. No luck at the 12 mile either.. :05: So we load up the the big stuff and we head out towards Browns.. There are a few reports on the radio about some fish being hooked and talk of tuna around, but very quite otherwise..

It wasnt to long and we all were bought to attention with that magic sound of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. And what a run.. while we were pulling in the other lines , my son jumped straight over me and grabbed thethe rod.. I saif to him HANG ON..

post-6381-092910800 1294520581_thumb.jpg

post-6381-079576400 1294520590_thumb.jpg

That little white dot in the photo on the horrizon is the first jump...LOL

With a good hook up.. here we go.. Some were saying dollie, but I had a feeling.. then there it was with great jumps after tearing line for so long.."Strip Marlin" and a good one..

NOW.. This is my sons first deep sea trip and only the 3rd time on the salt.. and he has his first Marlin :ranting2: ..LOL

the fight took over an hour, and he wasnt giving up for no one..he did so well :thumbup:

It had 3 massive runs with one stage after getting him to wothin about 30meters to the boat he took of again for nearly 700 or so.. and it was start again..

post-6381-066682700 1294520571_thumb.jpg

post-6381-002858000 1294520615_thumb.jpg

post-6381-086471000 1294520643_thumb.jpg

We finaly got him back and the windon leader ready to tag... Got some photos getting ready to get the hooks.............SNAP!!!!

Here He is totaly nackered after about an hour and a half.. dissapointed and still over the moon for his first marlin

post-6381-049075600 1294520633_thumb.jpg

Every one went quite..............then we all cheered and shook his hand and congratulated him.. Hee only had about 6 to 12 inches to go before we had a hold of that fish, So in my book it was a great capture and a even better release.. Well done SON.. :thumbup:

I would just like to thank the other raiders and friends that came along.. as well as the crew from Reef Magic.. What a day and we will be back for sure .. we are already looking at dater for the next one..

I didnt actuly get a photo of the fish up close but when the photos are sent through by the other guys I will post them

Hi yarraone,

Just want to know how much it cost to join Reef Magic Charter per person. Just a bit hesitate to ask them directly as I know it may cost a lot of $$. Thinking of fishing charter for quite a long time as I really want to learn how they do the boating and set up the gears off wide.

Cheers, Phil

Hi yarraone,

Just want to know how much it cost to join Reef Magic Charter per person. Just a bit hesitate to ask them directly as I know it may cost a lot of $$. Thinking of fishing charter for quite a long time as I really want to learn how they do the boating and set up the gears off wide.

Cheers, Phil

PM sent

Hi guys,

Yes it was a great day out and our first marlin trip for the season.

What we witnessed was one of the best efforts i have seen of a first timer on a marlin. Egged on by Damien, Blake worked extremely hard as he left him for the first 20 minutes without a harness - just to feel the full fight a 80 kg striped can put up. Any fight over an hour takes it out of the angler but he gave it his all.

It was great to meet Ben, Sean, Blake, Leo, Trung & Peter yesterday and I hope you all had a great day out and learn't a few things along the way - the weather was great and a few of the boys caught a bit of the sun.

Blake will now have a great story to tell his mates - it was a great birthday present for him Sean, one that he will never forget.

We will be heading to Port Stephens this Friday and will keep you updated on the fishing up there and hope to see a few of you up there. Call myself or Damien (0407 113349) for available charter dates.

Cheers Mike

After watching the short video clip, I can see the problem. The skipper is far too calm & polite. He should have been yelling WIND, WIND, WIND [YOU SWINE]. Not that it would have made it different to this particular outcome, but it would have been far more normal for a first marlin situation! :biggrin2:

After watching the short video clip, I can see the problem. The skipper is far too calm & polite. He should have been yelling WIND, WIND, WIND [YOU SWINE]. Not that it would have made it different to this particular outcome, but it would have been far more normal for a first marlin situation! :biggrin2:

Yeah I thought the boy would have gone flat out but, he did the right things..FOR A CHANGE.. and listened to all the advise and took his time.. and yes he was totaly buggered..

Dont forget he might be tall but he is only 16 years old and I have never been so proud.. :thumbup:

Yeah I thought the boy would have gone flat out but, he did the right things..FOR A CHANGE.. and listened to all the advise and took his time.. and yes he was totaly buggered..

Dont forget he might be tall but he is only 16 years old and I have never been so proud.. :thumbup:

Yarraone,

Well done,and pass on my congrats to your boy,job well done.I didn't realise he was only 16,a great effort and one i'm sure he'll remember,and i bet he's on your back already about booking with the lads again

Dave

Yarraone,

Well done,and pass on my congrats to your boy,job well done.I didn't realise he was only 16,a great effort and one i'm sure he'll remember,and i bet he's on your back already about booking with the lads again

Dave

LOL :074: On my back.... what a understatement.. and Yes I have already sent a email to one of the guys booking the next one :thumbup:

Hey there Yarraone and son!

Just want to throw in a big thanks for organising the trip and the boys from reef magic for hosting.

I'm sure all the boys onboard had a great day out cuz i sure did - great bunch of guys!

Must say ...nothing beat the sight and sound of a marlin pulling drag like no tomorrow and jumping out of the water... a first for me but it surely will not my last...

My mate peter is already asking me when are we going out again.. he really wants to see a marlin in the boat!

Congrats to your son for the stellar job that he did on the marlin... must say the fish did show him who was boss on a few of the runs!!! biggrin2.gif

I have a few videos and pictures on my phone which i'll upload shortly.

Let me know next time you come down to Sydney and i'll show you how to fish the Bay!

Cheers

Trung / DHYPE

Hey there Yarraone and son!

Just want to throw in a big thanks for organising the trip and the boys from reef magic for hosting.

I'm sure all the boys onboard had a great day out cuz i sure did - great bunch of guys!

Must say ...nothing beat the sight and sound of a marlin pulling drag like no tomorrow and jumping out of the water... a first for me but it surely will not my last...

My mate peter is already asking me when are we going out again.. he really wants to see a marlin in the boat!

Congrats to your son for the stellar job that he did on the marlin... must say the fish did show him who was boss on a few of the runs!!! biggrin2.gif

I have a few videos and pictures on my phone which i'll upload shortly.

Let me know next time you come down to Sydney and i'll show you how to fish the Bay!

Cheers

Trung / DHYPE

No worries mate I will be looking you up for sure.. and as far as another trip.. I have already sent Dameion an email, so I will let you know.. other wise i am thinking around easter