hill 60 first time

nickm469

hi raiders just got back from hill 60 port kembla. 1st time there so watched a couple of fishermen 1st, hooking fish after fish after fish. yes fish are on. they soon left and a quick glimpse into their bucket saw heaps of good sized bonnies, and about 5 big salmon. took their spot and bang straight into it for about 1 min before the fish stopped biting. damn! throughout the 7 hours we were there we only bagged 10 various fish including my first salmon (they go pretty hard for their size) lost about 20 more fish trying to lift them up the ledge. all in all a fun day good runs and first time ive seen dolphins jumping out of the water while fishing. awesome place to fish... good luck guys.

post-11578-098804500 1295083304_thumb.jpg

post-11578-026155000 1295083325_thumb.jpg

post-11578-024916000 1295083343_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

hi raiders just got back from hill 60 port kembla. 1st time there so watched a couple of fishermen 1st, hooking fish after fish after fish. yes fish are on. they soon left and a quick glimpse into their bucket saw heaps of good sized bonnies, and about 5 big salmon. took their spot and bang straight into it for about 1 min before the fish stopped biting. damn! throughout the 7 hours we were there we only bagged 10 various fish including my first salmon (they go pretty hard for their size) lost about 20 more fish trying to lift them up the ledge. all in all a fun day good runs and first time ive seen dolphins jumping out of the water while fishing. awesome place to fish... good luck guys.

post-11578-098804500 1295083304_thumb.jpg

Great work,hill 60 is a great place for fishing.You definately look like you had a great time catching all those fish.

As for you loosing your fish bringing them up the ledge you should try swapping your treble hooks to quality singe hooks you,ll land more fish.

GOODLUCK MATE

Chris.

Yer I agree..was down there yesterday arvo at the bonito corner. The place was filth. The people that go there leave their rubbish just there..its just embarrassing watching 20 guys bagging bonnie limits. Doesn't even look like they enjoy the catch. apparently they take shifts bagging out limit then go off to sell it. I'm suprised hill 60 hasn't been fished out yet.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
Report any issues to authorities to deal with

Yer there,s some good fishing to be had there but the place is a absolute mess with rubbish.I live near there and is so sad to see the coastline covered in rubbish if you take out there why cant you take it back and put it in a bin.

i agree....almost every ledge down south to the tubes is getting filthy.....im tired of picking up rubbish behind people who are careless and uneducated....it sad to see even some of the well known fishos down at the tubes and beecroft have taken up that disgusting habit.

ABS

i agree....almost every ledge down south to the tubes is getting filthy.....im tired of picking up rubbish behind people who are careless and uneducated....it sad to see even some of the well known fishos down at the tubes and beecroft have taken up that disgusting habit.

ABS

Hey Mate

What did you do with that Hammer in sig pic? Did you keep it and eat it?

GOOD CATCH THERE FELLAS WELL DONE JUST MAKE SURE YOU BLEED YOUR BONNIES AFTER CAPTURE AND THERE GOOD TUCKER.

AS FOR THE RUBBISH IT,S EVERYWERE YOU GO ALONG THE ROCKS (LOOK AFTER YOUR ENVIROMENT & IT WILL LOOK AFTER YOU PERSONALLY IF CATCH NOTHING DURING A ROCKHOPPING SESSION I FILL UP TWO ALDI BAGS OF RUBBISH AND TAKE IT BACK UP TO THE TOP) IF YOU CANT TAKE YOUR OWN RUBBISH HOME THEN DONT BOTHER COMING DOWM BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU :gun_bandana:

Hey Mate

What did you do with that Hammer in sig pic? Did you keep it and eat it?

hey man sorry dont know what fish you were referring to, but frigates kept for bait, bonnies made curry with, not as bad as everyone says. first time tried salmon and the last time ill ever be eating salmon going back into the water next time.

GOOD CATCH THERE FELLAS WELL DONE JUST MAKE SURE YOU BLEED YOUR BONNIES AFTER CAPTURE AND THERE GOOD TUCKER.

AS FOR THE RUBBISH IT,S EVERYWERE YOU GO ALONG THE ROCKS (LOOK AFTER YOUR ENVIROMENT & IT WILL LOOK AFTER YOU PERSONALLY IF CATCH NOTHING DURING A ROCKHOPPING SESSION I FILL UP TWO ALDI BAGS OF RUBBISH AND TAKE IT BACK UP TO THE TOP) IF YOU CANT TAKE YOUR OWN RUBBISH HOME THEN DONT BOTHER COMING DOWM BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU :gun_bandana:

yeah mate this is true, when the sun came out, the place started to smell like a public toilet. we took everything around us when we left, even the stuff left behind by others in a large garbage bag only took a minute to pick up i'm sure if everybody at least threw away what garbage they brought it would make a huge difference to the place

Hi Guys, just quick few questions on Hill 60. Is that Hill 60 is referring to rocks behind Sewage Treatment Works? I'm planning to go take photos and fishing with my gf on this sat.

I saw it from some photography forum about someone took some beautiful shots at "honey comb rocks/Hill 60 @ Port Kembla". So i'm just wondering if that is the place?

I'll be taking my spin rod to see if I can get something as well. North or South of hill 60 will be better for fishing.

Thanks.

Max

Hi max. Yes the spot is the right side of the stw. From the carpark, you can go down in front of the carpark then go around the rocks on the left side or go up the hill and follow the path going to the right side. Its better to go there in daytime specially it is your 1st time. It can be very dangerous there at times specially after dark. Always watch the waves. Plenty of bonito there at the moment. The spot gets really packed specially on weekends. Try to get there as early as you can. Some even stay there overnight on weekends. Hope you catch heaps. Regardd

Hi max. Yes the spot is the right side of the stw. From the carpark, you can go down in front of the carpark then go around the rocks on the left side or go up the hill and follow the path going to the right side. Its better to go there in daytime specially it is your 1st time. It can be very dangerous there at times specially after dark. Always watch the waves. Plenty of bonito there at the moment. The spot gets really packed specially on weekends. Try to get there as early as you can. Some even stay there overnight on weekends. Hope you catch heaps. Regardd

Awesome. Thanks for advice mate :) I'll go day time if its not too windy :D

• 8 years later...
20 hours ago, Steven888 said:

Hi, I'm just wondering what kind of rig would you use at this place. 

Most dangerous fishing spot. Try Bass Point, a lot safer and just as many fish. When the wind is blowing the wrong at Hill60, people goes to Bass Point and vice versa. Two main rig people uses, pilchard on float or squid skirt lure on weighted float. Long rod and long cast. When it is in season, it is very crowded.