Adopt a N00b, luring estuary fishies

irongustavius

Your name: Angus

Your Location: Inner West

Fishing technique: Luring common estuary / harbour species

Availability: Weekends only - maybe only every 2nd weekend depending on work

Preferred location: Sydney. from North to South, East to West, but willing to travel for good fishing!

Provide your own gear? Yes

Provide your own boat? Kind of - I own a kayak. Will defo pay for fuel and costs

Hi Guys,

So like the blurb says, I'm keen on learning some HB / SP techniques for your more common species like bream, flathead, whiting and the like.

I've only every fished with bait up until a few weeks ago. Not with much success I might add, more of a cast and hope type technique than anything with any serious purpose.

I would like to step up my fishing game, hopefully one day when I have a child I can teach them to fish.

Anyway - any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Angus.

I'm happy to take you out to North Head and outside for some Pelagic luring. We got some great Bonito and Tailor on the troll yesterday and some rock cod bottom bashing.

If not we can fish the Parra with soft plastics for flatties and bream.

Edited by NickF

I'm happy to take you out to North Head and outside for some Pelagic luring. We got some great Bonito and Tailor on the troll yesterday and some rock cod bottom bashing.

If not we can fish the Parra with soft plastics for flatties and bream.

Nick - sounds great mate, both options would be sweet.

I only have fairly light gear though - T-Curve / Stradic combo with 6lb braid + 8lb leader, Dropshot / Symmetre combo with 4lb braid + 6lb leader.

Maybe sometime on the weekend of the 5th / 6th? I'm out of town for a little while before that.

Thanks for the reply.

• 3 weeks later...

So NickF took me out for a morning on the boat - caught a few bonito, then I got a bit seasick, so we cruised the harbour for a bit.

Cast lures at a school of kings busting up the surface, cast blades, spoons, poppers, minnows, of all sizes for no hits. Quite frustrating.

So next time we're going to focus on bream and flatties in the Parramatta River.

Thanks Nick, great morning, I look forward to the next one ;)