Where to fish in nelson bay/Shoal bay

weekendfisher

Hey Guys,

I am heading up to Nelson bay for a week and i was after some recommended fishing spots and what i should be targeting also what gear would be best suited. I was thinking off the rock wall at the marina but for all i inow it might be rubbish.

I have spent a lot of time at shoal bay but this is the first time ill be fishing from nelson bay area.

I will also be heading up to shoal bay later on in the month i usually fish the beach or the pier can any one esle recommende any good areas it will be land based as i am not taking my boat.

cheers

Hi Weekendfisher

I spent a lot of time up in Shoaly, lot fishing too, with not much of success (might be just me)

The rock wall in Nelson seems to be the place when you are land based.

Another place of interest is the jetty al little beach, near the boat ramp (at night with a floater and a light). Be aware that you are allowed to fish only between the 2 jetties there, and try not to get in the way with the people who launch their boat.

If you rent a boat, the 'dangerous area boy/marker' just north of the wall is a very "interesting" spot, but with extreme currents on in and out tides.

Another "secret" place which "I discovered" is between corlette and the half island of soldiers point. Somewhere there must be a wreck. There is a orange boy, and I thing the wreck is about 200m towards soldiers. Good for Breams.

Have fun

Hi mate ,

Try dutchies beach next to Nelson bay high tide at dawn or dusk take some soft plastics and hardbodies cast over the weed beds for flathead,bream,whiting you will find too many swimmers there during the day.

Good luc

Cheers

try the co-op, m8 follow the path where the commercial ice filler is and tuck yourself near the water police office. Walk around to where the trawlers moore on the far side and fish the front area or back area of the marina whatever you want to call it, its right next to the back entrance of the co op.