Rockhopping piscatorial

luderick -angler

Had the pleasure of hitting the stones with Marley today, plenty of action fish were very thick not real big a coupl of thumpers plus a massive black trevally which give Marley a work out, it went back as I explained we don't need any happy moments!!!! :wacko:

Any way hers a few pics from today and a couple from my solo journey on Thursday, so far since being back I have not blanked in 6 trips my lowest tally being 7 but i dropped twice as amy that day as they were ultra touchy!

Righto anyone one join us next time?

post-5131-099084800 1296899426_thumb.jpg

post-5131-003394000 1296899445_thumb.jpg

post-5131-090635900 1296899462_thumb.jpg

post-5131-062395300 1296899642_thumb.jpg

post-5131-096316300 1296899666_thumb.jpg

post-5131-059375300 1296899686_thumb.jpg

post-5131-084797800 1296899710_thumb.jpg

post-5131-051678000 1296899745_thumb.jpg

post-5131-060424000 1296899791_thumb.jpg

post-5131-065375600 1296899817_thumb.jpg

post-5131-030755300 1296899864_thumb.jpg

post-5131-072832100 1296899905_thumb.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nanook, the top left pic is out at Nth Malabar just south of the ledges known as the Wreck been getting lots there, the spot from today is out the back of the refinery at Kurnell near Voodoo reef (the Doughboy - treachrous spot not for beginners or those faint hearted theres a few plaques out there it fishes best in a low NE swell anything from the south and its a deathtrap - if anyone wants info on the place PM me and I will give all the pros and cons of this place!)

The Okuma is a great pin'but I had Dads old 663 and the Golden Eagle on today! Went retro!!!!

Hi Royce

Welcome back from NZ.Good to see you are getting into them.I love my rockfishing too but half the battle is finding someone to go with.Hope to catch up with you for a fish someday if you are free.Cheers and well done.

Steve

Nanook, the top left pic is out at Nth Malabar just south of the ledges known as the Wreck been getting lots there, the spot from today is out the back of the refinery at Kurnell near Voodoo reef (the Doughboy - treachrous spot not for beginners or those faint hearted theres a few plaques out there it fishes best in a low NE swell anything from the south and its a deathtrap - if anyone wants info on the place PM me and I will give all the pros and cons of this place!)

The Okuma is a great pin'but I had Dads old 663 and the Golden Eagle on today! Went retro!!!!

Very dangerous unless you are experienced like luderick-angler and his mates. They are wearing special shoes with cleats or plates on them and they have years of experience on how to fish there.

See the video on our FISHTUBE on rockfishing (the one in top postition).

Good one boys. I was heading off in the morning, but this southerly will put paid to that. I will go to the usual inside spot instead. I generally use my old 662, Royce, but last couple of times have used the Pacific Composites Ocean blackfish rod. Like it a lot. Still use the Avon Royale exclusively.

Thanks MrsSwordy for clarifying appreciated very much.

Stormy had a look at coastawatch and the forecast is for 3 to 4 feet southerly swell dropping in the arvo though the high is a 1.6 at near to lunch time. I may hit the protected southern corner of Little Bay of the high ledge (about 4 metres from the water) and see if theres a few in the hole behind the the The High Doctors rock. If not and it gets big the boat ramp at Long Bay on the south side will fire nicely, but if its too big I'll head home rather than risk it!

Thanks again for the day Royce - with Fijian inlaws fresh fish nevers goes astray - I am very popular at the moment.

I have to say though in the right conditions you can't beat fishing form the stones as the sun comes up.

By the way Royce, those beers went down a treat, when I got home...

until next time

gav

Inside today - I bought the Sportex when I was 19, along with the Avon, and I am 60 on Thursday, so it holds sentimental value. I also use it a lot. You aren't the first to ask for a swap or a trade or a sale for the rod :) Wait until I get older and ask me again.

ray-1.jpg

Edited by stormy

I was actually kidding cause I know getting me to part with any of my sportexs would mean cuttingmy left arm off first! Nice ledge your on there! Incidently where did you buy it from? Dad got his from Chapmans at Rockdale along with a blue handled mark 3 Avon! 1962 he got his. I now have it and cherish it the action is superb beats any newer rod! Also managed to get a second hand 663 when I was 16 made by Allan Skelton, but what I wanted to know is they were so popular where are they all now? I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow

Ah Niven's Dad used to take me in there as a kid had everything you wanted (he even sold Botany greenweed) and only he knew where it was! I remember Niven had long since passed the business on they had 4 Sportex 'blanks 2 x 662 and 2 x 663 on the rack for $5 each Dad regrets not buying all four! What was the name of the shop on George St again had a freshwater section and a saltwater section Hobbyco moved in there after they went, Jim Mitchells at Hurstville was another good store as was Bluefin. Ah the days of real tackle stores!

Good one. Been knocked over a few times at Little Greeny and landed some huge ones at Big Greeny. Stopped going there a while back, due to being propositioned by homos on the walk in. Sometimes they would be in twos and threes. Good to know the fish are still there though.

Yeah the fishing is good had a few of those moments myself but the it seems they have moved on Stormy I was the only person out there till 11.00 when the hordes arrived for high water by then I had my fix and they were welcome to the ledge plus it was getting a little dicey

Had the pleasure of hitting the stones with Marley today, plenty of action fish were very thick not real big a coupl of thumpers plus a massive black trevally which give Marley a work out, it went back as I explained we don't need any happy moments!!!! :wacko:

Any way hers a few pics from today and a couple from my solo journey on Thursday, so far since being back I have not blanked in 6 trips my lowest tally being 7 but i dropped twice as amy that day as they were ultra touchy!

Righto anyone one join us next time?

Looks to be an enjoyable day out.

Good to see you landing a few quality table fish.I love black fish EMMMM.....

WELL DONE Chris.