Sydney Harbour Sun 22/5/05

Captain Pugwash

Another sensational day to be on the Harbour, :1fishing1:

The yakkas were playing a bit fairer at Balmoral today, so we loaded up and headed out the front to Bluefish again. there where a few boats there so had to compromise a little on "our spot". No joy there but eventually someone moved and we were in like Flynn!

berleyed up and soon had thousands of yakkas around. Had the spread of livies around both on the bottom and on balloons. The balloons were a pain in the butt because there was literally NO wind to take them away from the boat. One ended up right up the front wrapped around the anchor chain. :ranting2:

I climbed up the side and was round the front trying to clear the little blighter from around the chain when I hear Dollface screaming out from the back of the boat!

I make the risky decision to leave the rod up the front (with no rod holder) and charge down the back to find a panic stricken bride trying to hang on to a screaming charter special with what was obviously a Kingy on the other end. If I had time to sit back and watch I would have split my sides laughing at the sight! :074:

But, of course, the priority was on the nd of that line. And the game commenced. And it didn't disappoint. They never cease to amaze me at how hard they go! Eventually landed a nice little 62cm model. You bloody beauty! :1clap:

Stayed for a fair while longer with only yakkas annoying us, so decided to head back in.

Of course I couldn't resist a short stop at the wreck on the way home. In the near perfect conditions I managed to anchor in just the right spot, berleyed up and immediately was surrounded by yakkas and slimeys. to the point where we couldn't land anything else cause we couldn't get the baits past them.

We were pondering about whether to head home when I noticed TWO of the bottom dwelling livies starting to get very agitated. Sure enough, recent history repeated itself and in the space of a few minutes we welcomed yet another two John dory's on board!

Feeling very chuffed with ourselves we headed home with the next two nights dinner sorted out.

Maybe it's just us but there is nothing like the taste of fresh fish you have caught yourself!

Fish hard and fish often :thumbup:

Pete