The passing of a fellow FISHRAIDER

It is with a heavy heart and sadness to announce that one of our very own fishraiders has passed away.

Rickster passed away yesterday after a long battle with cancer which he fought strongly until his untimely death :(

Our sincerest condolences to his wife Robyn who supported Rick through this terrible time as did his family.

Robyn will let me know when the funeral arrangements are made and I will pass on this information to all who knew and loved this great luderick fisherman.

Stewy and Donna .

P.S In memory of Rick and all he did for fellow raiders including myself teaching the finer art of blackfishing,Admin will announce a memorial Rick Doherty Blackfishing Challenge in his honour in the near future.

FUNERAL DETAILS CLICK HERE

This is very sad news :( . My sincere condolences to Robyn and the rest of Rick’s family.

Rick was always only too happy to give tips, time and guidance to any FR member who wanted to learn the art of Blackfishing. I’m sure there are a quite a few who have caught their first Blackfish under Ricks guidance or tuition. He was a great bloke and will be sadly missed.

Also, I think the idea of a memorial Blackfish challenge day in Rick’s honour is a fantastic one.

Smitty...

always sad to hear of someone passing away.

he was a real fighter and our condolences to his family..

he was generous in his knowledge of fishing the dark art (blackies) and was a good bloke to fish with..

you will be missed mate....

the memorial is a great idea stewy ..

steve.....

My sincere condolences to the Doherty Family.I am extremely saddened on Ricks passing.My only regret was that I was only friends with him for a short time.He was a truly top bloke who would do anything for you and he was great company and I had some wonderful fishing times with him nearly fishing most weekends with him last year.He has greatly improved my blackfishing skills and knowledge and has helped many a newbie here at fishraider.He was one of the last luderick fishermen from the old era and he will be sorely missed.RIP old friend and I will always think of you when I will be fishing his old haunts.

God Bless

STEVE

So sorry to hear of Rick's passing. Keith & I send our condolences to Robyn and Rick's family & friends - his passing is a real loss to our Fishraider Family - he will be missed, but fondly remembered whenever anyone goes Blackie Fishing in the future. I curently have one of Rick's floats on my Yak blackie fishing rod.

Having a Blackfish Challenge in RIck's name will be an excellent memorial to a lovely bloke.

Roberta & Keith

this is very sad news. I had the great privilege of fishing with rick and slaying the blackfish. He was a wonderful man with a great sense of humour and a wealth of knowledge about catching blackfish. What i loved personally most of all about rick was his positive attitude. When I met rick for the first time he was deep into his treatment for cancer and obviously suffering but managed to find the positives in almost everything.He told me that he would have chemo therapy on a friday afternoon and somehow he found that to be a good thing because as he put it, he knocked off work early then got to collect weed for the weekend after the treatment!

my sincere condolences to Robyn and his family. I will miss him.

pete.

Cheers Rick.Say hello to my little brother when you arrive up there. He undoubtably will have found all the good weed and blackfish spots by now. I did not get to meet you but by the looks of it you did well and have left a lot of fishing friends behind.

Tight Lines and here is to you Rick.

BART:beersmile:

Edited by bart