well done on 9 news 2nite

dunc333

im guessing i just met (saw)mr and mrs swordfisherman on Nine News,great story and great recovery Donna,my heart goes out to you both and im glad your still with mrs swordie .if you ever go black fishing again at Howley park in drummoyne again please drop us aline as would love to come and say hello.cheers dunc333 :thumbup: ps thanks for this great fishraider site.

Missed the news tonight sorry, I was at the pub smoking and drinking.

I can say two things though:-

1. A reminder of this great story is well worth the retelling.

2. If Stewey lived with me there is NO way he would get the kiss of life in the middle of the night, I just couldnt face it.

Once again though it is a brilliant story on so many levels.

Dave

Yep, I saw it and they replayed the actual 000 call. I must say I was getting a little teary listening to it.

Well done Donna & Stewy. The only criticism is that you both should've been wearing Fishraider gear for the TV.

:thumbup::yahoo:

The only criticism is that you both should've been wearing Fishraider gear for the TV.

Haha, yeh where was the Fishraider plug Stewy??

But seriously, you done well and are blessed to still have Donna by your side.

I've only been in those situations with work but can't imagine how different it would be having to do it with someone you know or love.

Yep, I saw it and they replayed the actual 000 call. I must say I was getting a little teary listening to it.

Well done Donna & Stewy. The only criticism is that you both should've been wearing Fishraider gear for the TV.

:thumbup::yahoo:

deek we have the copy of the whole 8 minutes and I can tell you it is chilling

Stewy kept his head the whole time and I have no idea how he managed it

I guess the adrenalin takes over and you go into overdrive in a situation like that. Great to see that both of you never gave up. This is another reason why, we all, myself included, should do a first aid/CPR course.

Regards

Deek

you're my hero, a lot of people would of been like what do i do?

but you stepped up, much respect, well done and hope you have a great life together.

this will never be forgotten and as a 22 year old it has inspired me.

i can turn back and say you saved your wife and i can do the same to my soon to be.

Hi Donna & Stewy

Missed the post & had 9 news and ACA on but didn't see anything - but we are on local news up here, not Sydney.

As all have said - an amazing feat that Stewy did - definitely saving Donna's life. To stay calm under such extraordinary circumstances is just amazing, Stewy.

I don't suppose you'll be putting the footage up for FRs to see?

Everyone should learn CPR, in case it is their loved one that needs assistance.

I can't believe it - up here in Forster, they have one ambulance with 2 ambos on active duty every night & used to have a 2nd one on call, with the ambulance at the home of one of them, with drugs etc on board, for immediate action. To save $$ (they seem to think the Ambo driver is saving money by driving the ambulance home instead of his own vehicle!!!) they have now decided in their wisdom, that the relief ambo now has to leave the ambulance at the base. This means he has to drive to the station, unlock it, get drugs from a locked cabinet & count all still there before signing stuff out, relocking cabinet & office, find keys & sign them out, set the alarm, lock the building & only then can head to the emergency that was called in 10-30 mins earlier. Lives will surely be lost at this cost cutting exercise & I really can't believe it.

Roberta

Hi Donna & Stewy

Missed the post & had 9 news and ACA on but didn't see anything - but we are on local news up here, not Sydney.

As all have said - an amazing feat that Stewy did - definitely saving Donna's life. To stay calm under such extraordinary circumstances is just amazing, Stewy.

I don't suppose you'll be putting the footage up for FRs to see?

Everyone should learn CPR, in case it is their loved one that needs assistance.

I can't believe it - up here in Forster, they have one ambulance with 2 ambos on active duty every night & used to have a 2nd one on call, with the ambulance at the home of one of them, with drugs etc on board, for immediate action. To save $$ (they seem to think the Ambo driver is saving money by driving the ambulance home instead of his own vehicle!!!) they have now decided in their wisdom, that the relief ambo now has to leave the ambulance at the base. This means he has to drive to the station, unlock it, get drugs from a locked cabinet & count all still there before signing stuff out, relocking cabinet & office, find keys & sign them out, set the alarm, lock the building & only then can head to the emergency that was called in 10-30 mins earlier. Lives will surely be lost at this cost cutting exercise & I really can't believe it.

Roberta

That situation is deplorable!

It IS very important Roberta - I am even thinking of running a CPR first aid course for any raiders who want to come :thumbup:

Stewy has to do First Aid course and regular recertification in CPR for his work

It is the regular refreshers that keep the rote steps in your head when adrenaline stops logicical thought processes.

Check your pm Roberta - I have sent something

I will have a copy of the news item and will load it to FR as a community service message primarily.

Donna