Beach session Narrabeen

Beaver

Hi Guys

Went for an early whiting session Sun morning. Had a few live beach worms for bait and managed to get 2 ok whiting around 32cms... mate managed a nice 40cm blackfish on worm not long after... all went pretty quiet for an hour or so and was about to leave when a nice old chap gave me the rest of his nippers as he was going home, he said he had 4 whiting already. First cast with the nip and hooked up to something, thought it was a bit of weed :mad3: but got it onto the beach and looked like a ray, looked closer and it was a massive flounder :thumbup: never caught a flounder even on an ocean beach before... was a welcome by catch and wouldnt have got it without the nipper from the nice old gentleman! It was bigger than a dinner plate...

Could be a possible record too.

Cheers

Beaver

post-3646-076804900 1298249551_thumb.jpg

post-3646-028897100 1298249616_thumb.jpg

Nice going mate.. I fish at Narra beach alot.. got these 2 the other night..

I usually go at the end of Stuart Street. Say hello if you spot a few of us there next time.. im usually with my GF and a few buddies :P

Mako

post-15330-054447800 1298267131_thumb.jpg

Shovel Nose

post-15330-021006200 1298267102_thumb.jpg

post-15330-038714800 1298267114_thumb.jpg

Steve

Hi Beaver,

I fish a fair bit from south narra beach and manage to get a few salmon and the occasional flathead.

I am just wondering what rig you use for the whiting. I was thinking of targeting them soon. I have heard some people use red tubing to attract them?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

I usually go at the end of Stuart Street. Say hello if you spot a few of us there next time.. im usually with my GF and a few buddies :P

Will do mate...

Hi Beaver,

I fish a fair bit from south narra beach and manage to get a few salmon and the occasional flathead.

I am just wondering what rig you use for the whiting. I was thinking of targeting them soon. I have heard some people use red tubing to attract them?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

G'day, just a simple running sinker rig, usually a star sinker or similar to hold bottom, then a swivel, then a metre or so of say 12lb mono leader, with a long shank size 1 or 2 hook. Red tubing is meant to attract the whiting but i havent had much luck with it ever, manage a fair few without the tubing.

hey boys

hitting narrabeen beach sometime this week for a jewy sesh any ideas where to fish?? any good holes at the moment?

cheers

Mate was fishing in the middle of narra, couldnt see any noticeable gutters... a few small ones here and there but no good ones from what i could see.

hey boys

hitting narrabeen beach sometime this week for a jewy sesh any ideas where to fish?? any good holes at the moment?

cheers

Hey WINDRED..

Not much in the way of holes / gutter on Narra at the moment.. the sand is banked up a fairway out, and makes it difficult to cast past the breakers..

We just perservere with it at the moment, it's always so nice to be on the beach at night anyway, i dont tend to care if i catch anything..

I went for a run this arvo alon Narra and I noticed that there were some decent sized scales on the beach just a few walkways before the North Narra surf club(when heading up north from the south), and made me think someones been onto some Jewie's.. they were frewsh, a night or two old, so maybe that's the spot to be at the moment...

Good luck out there..

Hey WINDRED..

Not much in the way of holes / gutter on Narra at the moment.. the sand is banked up a fairway out, and makes it difficult to cast past the breakers..

We just perservere with it at the moment, it's always so nice to be on the beach at night anyway, i dont tend to care if i catch anything..

I went for a run this arvo alon Narra and I noticed that there were some decent sized scales on the beach just a few walkways before the North Narra surf club(when heading up north from the south), and made me think someones been onto some Jewie's.. they were frewsh, a night or two old, so maybe that's the spot to be at the moment...

Good luck out there..

cheers

will try up that stretch,

read in a fishing mag that there have been some jews caught just north of 'the pines' in narrabeen ?????

anyone know this spot?

• 2 weeks later...

Mako

post-15330-054447800 1298267131_thumb.jpg

Shovel Nose

post-15330-021006200 1298267102_thumb.jpg

post-15330-038714800 1298267114_thumb.jpg

Steve

Sorry to say dude that's not a mako, that's a small whaler shark of most likely a bronzie,

Edited by brettmann