$2.50 For 2 Inches

bombora

Hiya all, went down to a tackle shop in central Sydney (not CA or Gowings) cause a work colleague and good mate has just got into SPs (this bloke is a very very casual fisho, but on his first SP outing on the Myall River last week where he's got a holiday house he scored seven lizards and a bream with a dozen plastics and heads I'd given him from my overflowing tackle, beating five others fishing bait!). While showing him what rod and reel he should buy for his girlfriend :1naughty: I spotted some Diawa plastics. They basically two inch stickbaits, nice, but what hit me was the price. There were only maybe five in the pack, and they were priced at $12.95!!!!! About $2.50 for a two inch stickbait??????? Not actually dissing the shop, they are great blokes and I imagine city rents ain't cheap at all. Now anyone seen any plastics that work out more expensive? Bombie

Yeah, not a great price, by any means, but they're actually passable SPs. They're made out of some wierd material that falls apart like a really stiff Aeroplane-style jelly after a few hours (not at all like Gulps). They don't move around much without some rod input, but fish seem to go for them.

Talking about SPs, but on the other end of the price range, those Tsunami Pro rigged SPs that were everywhere last year seem to have vanished, at least from Sydney shops. The 2' and 4' white / silver fish (vibrotail-style) models were destructive on queenfish, GTs, golden trevs, wolfies etc. and fair on barra. Last March I got them for $5.95 for 6 rigged lures from Coffs Harbour. I ran out last year (4 months in the top end) so never got a chance to try them on kingies, sambos, bonito etc down here. They handle WAY, WAY more speed than any of the more expensive models I've tried, so you'd expect them to work well. Pity.

Guest bassifier
I can't even give them away most Saturday nights...  :1prop:

49202[/snapback]

Thats not what I hear! "everybody dance now!" :074::074:

btw, thats them swoff.

Guest Jocool
did i get ripped off ???

cheers

gabzi

50250[/snapback]

Depends where you shop...but I think YES...you did get jipped! :1prop: