Monday Broken Bay

Guest hottuna

Guest hottuna

post-100-1117017163_thumb.jpgStarted off on west head trolling rapalas for kings, bonnies. Didn`t get any so moved around for some squid and a few yakkas. Did a few passes with those for zip. Conditions were glassed out so ran around to longy, picked up a few kings the it went dead. 11am headed back and fished flint and steel on run out. Was there for 3 hours and lost alot of bait to pickers , right on slack, i get a big run on a small squid bait on single 6/0 feeling like a good jew i back off the drag just a little so`s not to pull the hook. 5MIN in and a nice jew comes to the surface, with my trusty hand gaff i slip it under and wham set it and pull him in.

He went 104cm and 9.56kg. My best jew so far. Filleted the fillets went 80cm and 2inches thick Mmmm Jew fillets for dinner ....Fights soo much less dramatic than a king the 60cm king i pulled earler at longy took a heap more line than the jew, The jew just felt stronger and hugged the bottom, i would have thought a 10kg jew to run like hell. I suppose the tide was slack and he could get side on to the current which always makes them feel a better fish then they are.

dan

post-100-1117017497_thumb.jpg

Guest hottuna
top stuff dan. get any piccys?

woulda been like glass out there!

Col

49144[/snapback]

Yes have pics of the jew just not with me. Tomorrow

dan

Guest hottuna
Great work Dan,

I think it is well and truly time I got amongst the jewies. All these reports have totlally whet my appetite.

Cheers

49187[/snapback]

Thanks guys.

Byron i`ll be hitting it a few times over this weekend. Might see you out there.

Dan