lake illawarra boat ramps

waldo60

hey fellas, i was just wondering if anyone had any info/description and pics of other boat ramps other than windang. windang gets so busy and coming down from Narellan, i am thinking some other ramps might be better for me and also closer staying on the F6 but havent been to them yet. Such as kanahooka and berkeley etc. cheers guys

I have just started boating and have used the berkely ramp - easy with plenty of parking. I also recently used the Kanahooka ramp - nowhere near as busy, but a really,really slippery ramp (just ask my wife). I found berkely easier for a newbie like me.

Cheers

CraigG

Edited by cc6264

I have just started boating and have used the berkely ramp - easy with plenty of parking. I also recently used the Kanahooka ramp - nowhere near as busy, but a really,really slippery ramp (just ask my wife). I found berkely easier for a newbie like me.

Cheers

CraigG

cheers guys. went past berkeley today and full of marine rescue boats, went to windang instead. pissed down anyways. does that berkeley get real shallow??

Yep berkley is very shallow averages about 3 feet.Always head out of the right side of the harbour as your facing the lake.You will find you will have to share this ramp with the pros but its only 5 mins to the channel entrance.Ramp at Kanahooka is steep and extremely slippery and the parking is very ordinary.Not good in a stiff southerly and heaps of jetskiers frequent here.New ramp at Tallawrra is good but maybe a bit hard to find you have to go through Dapto or come back around over the Yallah overpass.Hope this helps.

cheers....Roy