More Tweed Bass

G'day all.

Hit the same area of the upper Tweed as I did with young Charlie on Saturday but this time I convinced his dad, Browndog2, to come along.

We have had a couple of storms in the last couple of days. I managed to get the boat in the river but couldn't get the landcruiser out!!! :1yikes:

A quick call to Gregs' :wife: & soon after his 'cruiser is there to winch me out!

On the water a little later than expected but the bass didn't mind.

We ended up with 3 nice bass each with Greg taking the honours with a beaut 40cm fish that was very cranky about being pulled out of his home. :biggrin2:

Had a heap of hits & a Greg lost a very nice fish at the boat as well. Love the pic of Greg with his 40cm fish & the snag in the background.

Tried a new technique today of a worm hook with a small splitshot above it & a bass minnow. I pulled it through heaps of cranky country without snagging up & got dusted once & landed a nice fish as well.

The highlight of the day was Slinky ringing me to say G'day & 5 seconds later Greg hooks up. It took Slinky a bit to realise I was fishing but when he did I think his tears ruined his phone!!

How good is it to still be trying & learning new things? I just love it! :yahoo:

Sorry about the black smudges in the pics. The lens on the old camera just doesn't quite open enough any more!

Well done on some nice fish Greg. It was great to see you enjoying bassing instead of fishing out wide.

Cheers,

Grant.

G'day all.

Hit the same area of the upper Tweed as I did with young Charlie on Saturday but this time I convinced his dad, Browndog2, to come along.

We have had a couple of storms in the last couple of days. I managed to get the boat in the river but couldn't get the landcruiser out!!! :1yikes:

A quick call to Gregs' :wife: & soon after his 'cruiser is there to winch me out!

On the water a little later than expected but the bass didn't mind.

We ended up with 3 nice bass each with Greg taking the honours with a beaut 40cm fish that was very cranky about being pulled out of his home. :biggrin2:

Had a heap of hits & a Greg lost a very nice fish at the boat as well. Love the pic of Greg with his 40cm fish & the snag in the background.

Tried a new technique today of a worm hook with a small splitshot above it & a bass minnow. I pulled it through heaps of cranky country without snagging up & got dusted once & landed a nice fish as well.

The highlight of the day was Slinky ringing me to say G'day & 5 seconds later Greg hooks up. It took Slinky a bit to realise I was fishing but when he did I think his tears ruined his phone!!

How good is it to still be trying & learning new things? I just love it! :yahoo:

Sorry about the black smudges in the pics. The lens on the old camera just doesn't quite open enough any more!

Well done on some nice fish Greg. It was great to see you enjoying bassing instead of fishing out wide.

Cheers,

Grant.

Hi raiders

Thanks for the bassin trip JH. Who wouldn't enjoy sitting a hot bathtub for 5 hours.Slinky don't forget to ring next time JH takes me bassin.

PS i gave JH his "lucky" spinner back.

Cheers Greg.