The Swordies tackle the wild bass

A last minute decision today to get Donna and myself out for a quick few hours fishing at the Liverpool Weir.

The water was running pretty fast and so spinnerbaits were employed to stay in the foamy stuff at the base of the weir on the saltwater side and it didnt take long for a fiesty little bronze battler to wack my lure :thumbup: and then I glanced over and Donna was looking at me with a strange look and her braid flying around in the breeze,so I ran over and she had been busted off by a good fish at the base of the rocks :ranting2: I was next to score a nice bass and few piccies and back into the drink she goes.A few more casts by Mrsswordie and she is onto a nice bass a swell,quick grab of the 10lb leader and piccies once more and off she swam.

We had a few other hits as well so the bass are getting ready to spawn me thinks.

post-256-068666400 1301041250_thumb.jpg

post-256-053520800 1301041259_thumb.jpg

post-256-086053000 1301041267_thumb.jpg

post-256-038395500 1301041275_thumb.jpg

Thanks for a great couple of hours honey :yahoo: and its good to finally get you back out fishing again after your scare.

Regards Stewy

Nice catch Donna & Stewy :thumbup: Those Bass look in perfect nick and heaps healthy, with a beautiful shine

I might have to get down there a spin one day, my dad works at the hospital near the river, might go into work with him one day and do a seeky seeky for a fish :1fishing1:

Brilliant job guys

I actually checked out the weir for the first time yesterday on my way through Liverpool to another spot yesterday and was surprised at just how fishy it looked! Some of those snags near by you just know would be holding some nice Bass!

Gee those are really good bass there. I live near enough to the area and have not fished it at all!?!

Great to see you out and about Donna. You've got a special man in Stewie ...

I couldn't resist Stewy, I had to see for myself :) So I took my mate up there in my boat. You're right.... some nice females are holding under that wash, my mate got a nice mid 30's specimen. I got a nice fat Bream of 38cm, and plenty smaller than that. EP, Bream, Bass and Flathead were all caught at some time of the morning.... love Chippo.

Mick

"...some nice females are holding under that wash, my mate got a nice mid 30's specimen...."

I'm looking for some of them myself. Mid 30's, around 5'6, brunette, fun, outgoing, preferrably rich.

Next time you're up there put in a good word for me. Thanks :D

"...some nice females are holding under that wash, my mate got a nice mid 30's specimen...."

I'm looking for some of them myself. Mid 30's, around 5'6, brunette, fun, outgoing, preferrably rich.

Next time you're up there put in a good word for me. Thanks :D

:biggrin2::Funny-Post:

Mick and I were there yesterday, i picked up a nice 37cm specimen right next to the foam on a soft plastic with spinner attachment, hit that thing so hard i thought i was snagged ifirst off.

cheers

Mick and I were there yesterday, i picked up a nice 37cm specimen right next to the foam on a soft plastic with spinner attachment, hit that thing so hard i thought i was snagged ifirst off.

cheers

sorry didnt see what mick wrote a couple of posts above lol

What he said!

Well done Stewy and Donna, what a nice easy spot the have a cast.

I couldn't help myself either.....typical bloody fisherman hey?? I headed down to the Weir with Stuball over the weekend and managed one nice bass in the 40ish cm range.

post-1673-072642200 1301303222_thumb.jpg post-1673-028366400 1301303260_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Smitty...

Well done Stewy and Donna, what a nice easy spot the have a cast.

I couldn't help myself either.....typical bloody fisherman hey?? I headed down to the Weir with Stuball over the weekend and managed one nice bass in the 40ish cm range.

post-1673-072642200 1301303222_thumb.jpg post-1673-028366400 1301303260_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Smitty...

That is a beast. Probably a big breeding female getting ready for winter spawning. Well done :thumbup:

Looks Like we are all getting the Bass Bug,

Honestly never tried fishing for them myself but certainly looks like fun.

Might have to give it a crack myself as I am in Liverpool at the moment.

By the way Team Swordie some nice fish there I wish I could share activities like that with my Wife

the only activity she will participate in is shopping :ranting2:

well done to the both of you and keep up the good work love the reports,

Regards,

Nathan