LOW TIDE VERSUS HIGH TIDE

sydneyfishoaddict

hi raiders. just wanna know which is the better tide to go fishing.from low tide to high tide or high tide to low tide??? we mainly fish off rocks. based on my experience, we catch more fish from high tide to low tide off the rocks. i just wanna know if fishos have similar experiences. we always check what time is the high tide and we fish around 2hrs before and after the high tide. we also apply this when we go beach fishing. any input or suggestion will be greatly appreciated. thank you very much.

hi raiders. just wanna know which is the better tide to go fishing.from low tide to high tide or high tide to low tide??? we mainly fish off rocks. based on my experience, we catch more fish from high tide to low tide off the rocks. i just wanna know if fishos have similar experiences. we always check what time is the high tide and we fish around 2hrs before and after the high tide. we also apply this when we go beach fishing. any input or suggestion will be greatly appreciated. thank you very much.

this question is extremely specific to the place you fish. every spot fires at different times. sometimes even spots 50m away fire at opposing tides.

this question is extremely specific to the place you fish. every spot fires at different times. sometimes even spots 50m away fire at opposing tides.

Spot on mate.

Also, certain species respond better at different stages of the tide. I often fish for jew as the tides running in then change over to flicking for bream as it runs out. Other waterways though could be opposite who knows

Musty

Im pretty sure alot of people on this site have done alot of fishing like me over the years and if its beach rocks or even offshore fishing i have found a better bite on a run up tide that peaks early in the morning or late afternoon and around when there is alot more water movement like new and full moons people might differ just what ive found over the years.