Murray Cod

Coasty

I have never posted before, but after reading everyone else's report I thought it was time for me to contribute.

I do alot of freshwater fishing mainly chasing yellowbelly and murray cod, even though I live on the central coast.

After driving 6 hours I finally got to my uncles homestead, this homestead sits on 15,500 acres but has the Severn river runnning right through it.

My cousin and I walked on down to the river after he was telling me the redfin were running, :1clap: ( I actually broke into a canter ) and we through some worms in.

Whilst we were waiting for the worms to be eaten, I decided to chuck some mudeye lures (local bloke makes them) and in the first cast I had a 6kg cod :1clap: on the bank, after that all hell broke loss :thumbup: .

We had worms being eaten :yahoo: and lures being smashed :thumbup: , hard to remember exactly what we got but I will post some photo's shortly of what we took home. I would love to have had a photo of what we actually caught in the 3 hours we were fishing .

The biggest fish taken for the day was a 12.6kg cod caught by my cousin on a locally made lure.

Can't fit the other 2 photo's on.

post-418-1117519153_thumb.jpg

Well done on the cod.

The Severn has a good population and I love the smash hit when they take a lure. I fished it a few years ago out of Glen Innes while the missus had a small contract with the local NPWS setting up their library.

Good report coasty. Also all my dads relos are from that way so i love fishing the severn. Where bouts up there are they. Grandpas got a fully stocked dam with yellas at bald knob and there other property has trout in one of the rivers behind. The severn is like 2mins down the road from the bald knob property as well. Cheers tyrone

I have never posted before, but after reading everyone else's report I thought it was time for me to contribute.

I do alot of freshwater fishing mainly chasing yellowbelly and murray cod, even though I live on the central coast.

After driving 6 hours I finally got to my uncles homestead, this homestead sits on 15,500 acres but has the Severn river runnning right through it.

My cousin and I walked on down to the river after he was telling me the redfin were running, :1clap:  ( I actually broke into a canter ) and we through some worms in.

Whilst we were waiting for the worms to be eaten, I decided to chuck some mudeye lures (local bloke makes them) and in the first cast I had a 6kg cod :1clap:  on the bank, after that all hell broke loss :thumbup: .

We had worms being eaten :yahoo:  and lures being smashed :thumbup: , hard to remember exactly what we got but I will post some photo's shortly of what we took home. I would love to have had a photo of what we actually caught in the 3 hours we were fishing .

The biggest fish taken for the day was a 12.6kg cod caught by my cousin on a locally made lure.

Can't fit the other 2 photo's on.

49619[/snapback]

post-418-1117519386_thumb.jpg