Fishermen rescued

Hodgey

Damn lucky and I am glad they are safe and well.

But it seems once again that there was a lack of life jackets.

One of them was reported to have been pulled back through the windscreen whilst trying to retrieve a jacket.

Dave

Now, I'm not overly familiar with Botany Bay, but surely rather than hang onto a bouy for 8 hours you could get one guy capable enough to swim to land? Its not like they were 20 miles off shore where they considering they mentioned so much boat traffic? Unless of course they couldn't swim. I'm a bit confused.

what was the big noise that caused the crack for the boat to sink ???, a great white torpeodo from the depths, who knows the story is still young, the first thing i would of thought of if i was in that sitch is will i get eatin tryin to swim to land by a bullie or white or what ever, i was once stranded in the washing machine bay with a flat battery that i didnt know at the time(first boat) i know better now tho, same time of night, we yelled for help in between big ships goin past, it was only the fifth time of yellin, we got help from a fellow fisho headin back to the ramp, these blokes were in a much worse sitch ofcoarse, its against the law to ignore signs of help isnt it, if not it should be......

what was the big noise that caused the crack for the boat to sink ???, a great white torpeodo from the depths, who knows the story is still young, the first thing i would of thought of if i was in that sitch is will i get eatin tryin to swim to land by a bullie or white or what ever, i was once stranded in the washing machine bay with a flat battery that i didnt know at the time(first boat) i know better now tho, same time of night, we yelled for help in between big ships goin past, it was only the fifth time of yellin, we got help from a fellow fisho headin back to the ramp, these blokes were in a much worse sitch ofcoarse, its against the law to ignore signs of help isnt it, if not it should be......

May not be illegal, certainly immoral. They were at heightened risk by fish at night according to the new rules and should have all had jackets on anyway.

Yeah, at that time of night they should have have had PFDs on in a boat that size?????.

But i heard the currents were strong, and if i had found a bouy i would have stayed there till sunrise, when you would easily be found. Just imagine how bad you would feel if you told your mate to swim for it and never saw him again.

just my thoughts.

Dave

Edited by Welsh Dave

• 2 months later...

Sounds like the transom let go with the weight of the motor causing the glass to snap which sounds like a loud bang. Just my guess.

At least they were more lucky then the 2 guy's who drowned ar Wisemans last week, neither had jackets on and couldn't swim?????????????????????????

I guess the new rules for jackets have a lot of merit if followed.

Rergards Jeff