Native Weekender

iMick

Fished Mulwala with some good mates over the weekend in search of Cod. The system is massive, and we were overwhelmed with where to start. Didn't take long to land this...

post-10586-054568200 1303036044_thumb.jpg

No monster, but with timber everywhere there is no shortage of spots to try.

post-10586-077185900 1303036128_thumb.jpg

Between us we got three Cod in the first day, Spinner Baits and large Hard Bods did the damage. Our view from our apartment was sensational

post-10586-024368900 1303036339_thumb.jpg

The next day started off really slow and I only managed one

post-10586-042675400 1303036472_thumb.jpg

post-10586-085148700 1303036512_thumb.jpg

We decided that it would be nice to get up early and stop in at Burrinjuck on the last day, this would break our trip up too. Burrinjuck is more familiar to us and it didn't take me long to land this on a TN60

post-10586-037895400 1303036703_thumb.jpg

post-10586-026460900 1303036689_thumb.jpg

Fell to a tight cast into this

post-10586-063424300 1303036673_thumb.jpg

Fun weekend away, with about 7 Cod landed, 2 Yellowbelly, and a Carp on a Jackall.

Mick

Good to see you landed a few, Mick. :thumbup: Looks like you were graced with some reasonable weather.

It's the opposite for me ... confidence in chasing fish in the Mulwala system and scratching my head about where to fish in Burrinjuck :biggrin2: Great photos mate. I need to get back down there and chase them again!

Cheers

Hodgey

Good to see you landed a few, Mick. :thumbup: Looks like you were graced with some reasonable weather.

It's the opposite for me ... confidence in chasing fish in the Mulwala system and scratching my head about where to fish in Burrinjuck :biggrin2: Great photos mate. I need to get back down there and chase them again!

Cheers

Hodgey

Thanks mate. It truly is an amazing place, and with dead timber as far as the eye could see, I can appreciate how Mulwala is the Murray Cod mecca of the world.

My mates (Cheder) brother got a 33kg monster in the Cod Classic a few years back, he was disqualified because it died.... he would have won the comp if it had survived.

I will be back.

Mick

MATE well done some nice fat cod....

The area looks stunning....

Like Stewy i am a cod virgin BUT im sure you will pop my cherry :biggrin2:

Well done....

How big were the hard bodied lures, they look massive??

Edited by Joco

MATE well done some nice fat cod....

The area looks stunning....

Like Stewy i am a cod virgin BUT im sure you will pop my cherry :biggrin2:

Well done....

How big were the hard bodied lures, they look massive??

Thanks mate.

I use anything from 90mm - 200mm, Cod love big lures. A 50cm Cods' mouth is as big as your fist. They often hit lures out of territorial aggression.

Mick

Thanks mate.

I use anything from 90mm - 200mm, Cod love big lures. A 50cm Cods' mouth is as big as your fist. They often hit lures out of territorial aggression.

Mick

NICE, thanks for that....

Their aggression sounds like the fish from my home land.... I like that....