Yakka's Not on the bite

Shaggytrevally

Hey fellow fisho's

Was it just me or did it seem hard to get the yakka's to bite yesterday, I started fishing early only to stuff the day up by forgetting the bread for the yakka's.

Had to wait till 7:30am before a shop was open at la-perouse to grab some bread.

In the mean time attempted to fish for bonito's for bait. but didn't see any boil ups any where!

Caught 1 livie in over an hour very annoyed headed to moli point caught one bonito, which i used for bait.

All in all nice day but fishing was crap very disappointed.

Even bought a heap of assorted squid jigs no luck there either, and man was it busy.

Hope every one else had better luck.

Cheers

Hey fellow fisho's

Was it just me or did it seem hard to get the yakka's to bite yesterday, I started fishing early only to stuff the day up by forgetting the bread for the yakka's.

Had to wait till 7:30am before a shop was open at la-perouse to grab some bread.

In the mean time attempted to fish for bonito's for bait. but didn't see any boil ups any where!

Caught 1 livie in over an hour very annoyed headed to moli point caught one bonito, which i used for bait.

All in all nice day but fishing was crap very disappointed.

Even bought a heap of assorted squid jigs no luck there either, and man was it busy.

Hope every one else had better luck.

Cheers

Yeah had the same problem, could not raise a livie if you paid me, none in the burly trail and none boated.

I gave up by 8.30 and decided to use the old squid and pillies i had.

Lets hope they return soon

Cheers

well going by the replies its seems its not just me lol, i could see plenty of yakkas swimming in and out of the weeds into the burley but just wouldn't take bait!!!

Lets hope Tuesday is better,hoping to get out again then, this time i will take pillies.

Best of luck all

I found that if slow to respond to bread, I get a pilchard and squish it between my fingers and let it filter into the water like a berley cloud (no chunks). Seems to get them biting.

Another trick if you have caught one on bread, use his guts as fresh bait, usually works for me (most times :ranting2: )

Best of luck