Fiberglass repair

Yarraone

Hi guys I noticed the last time I took the baby out she seemed to be having alot of water in her when I took the bungs out..So after some roller repairs and light mods(I will post pics soon).... I filled her with water from the bungs and foun d 2 or 3 holes in the bow above the front roller..

My question is ... what is the best and easyest way to repair these?

Do or can I use the auto repair "fiber fill" or BOG? the one with the fiberglass in the mixture?

Or should I use fiberglass sheets and resign? remembering that it is under the boat and I will be working upside down?

Is there any other products on the market that I can use that people would reconmend?

Any and all replys will be very helpfull... Thanks

Hi guys I noticed the last time I took the baby out she seemed to be having alot of water in her when I took the bungs out..So after some roller repairs and light mods(I will post pics soon).... I filled her with water from the bungs and foun d 2 or 3 holes in the bow above the front roller..

My question is ... what is the best and easyest way to repair these?

Do or can I use the auto repair "fiber fill" or BOG? the one with the fiberglass in the mixture?

Or should I use fiberglass sheets and resign? remembering that it is under the boat and I will be working upside down?

Is there any other products on the market that I can use that people would reconmend?

Any and all replys will be very helpfull... Thanks

Head down to bias boating and buy high strength epoxy filler+ hardener compound(sold individually in cans 1KG and 500GMS,product name is norfill.Also buy white brush flowcoat comes in 1L can and small bottle of hardener to suit.(coulor additives needed if gel coat isn,t bright white to change pigment of flowcoat )

Mix epoxy/hardener together fill hole and leave to dry.

Sand repair to shape required,Now mix flow coat/hardener and brush over repair to suit,can thin product down with acetone if needed before brushing over repair.

Once dry approx 24hrs sand repair lightly with 400 wet and dry sand paper in soapy water followed by a sand using 1200 sand paper.

Finally buff repair by hand using t cut polish bought from super cheaps for a full gloss finish.

Hope this helps with the repair

chris.

Head down to bias boating and buy high strength epoxy filler+ hardener compound(sold individually in cans 1KG and 500GMS,product name is norfill.Also buy white brush flowcoat comes in 1L can and small bottle of hardener to suit.(coulor additives needed if gel coat isn,t bright white to change pigment of flowcoat )

Mix epoxy/hardener together fill hole and leave to dry.

Sand repair to shape required,Now mix flow coat/hardener and brush over repair to suit,can thin product down with acetone if needed before brushing over repair.

Once dry approx 24hrs sand repair lightly with 400 wet and dry sand paper in soapy water followed by a sand using 1200 sand paper.

Finally buff repair by hand using t cut polish bought from super cheaps for a full gloss finish.

Hope this helps with the repair

chris.

Thanks Pongrass18ft, that is exactly what I was looking for :thumbup: