Del rio

Kelza

Hay guys first post..

I'm staying at del rio holiday park Saturday night And it's near wisemans ferry ..just wondering if anyones fished there? And is it any good or should I just go

Further up towards wisemans ferry? And I also read that jewies love peeled prawns further up in the hawkesbury ?! If so I guess I'll take prawns so I can try and finally get my first jewy

Lol thanks

Guy

Pete (Tide n Knots) is the man to talk to and he tends to fish below the ferries. I got a few flathead in front of Del Rio at Easter and I heard a report that one boat caught 42 in the same area on the Thursday before Easter. I also got a couple up the Macdonald River. Hawkesbury prawns, and peeled, seem to be the go. I have managed a few on plastics. There's a few bream about, too. I've been getting some soapies but not keeper jewies like Pete gets... not yet! ;) The catfish and eels can be a pain.

Good luck.

Baz

Edited by Berleyguts

Pete (Tide n Knots) is the man to talk to and he tends to fish below the ferries. I got a few flathead in front of Del Rio at Easter and I heard a report that one boat caught 42 in the same area on the Thursday before Easter. I also got a couple up the Macdonald River. Hawkesbury prawns, and peeled, seem to be the go. I have managed a few on plastics. There's a few bream about, too. I've been getting some soapies but not keeper jewies like Pete gets... not yet! ;) The catfish and eels can be a pain.

Good luck.

Baz

Thanks mate ..yeah me and a mate fished at wisemans last week and I was using hawksbury squid and only got a stinkin catfish my mate got a 45cm tailor but so atleast we got 1 decent fish ..yeah I'll definately talk to him thanks heaps...and I'm only Going to take prawns this weekend hopefully can get my

First jewy (fingers crossed)

Thanx

Guy

G'day Kelza,

I just spent the last weekend staying at Del Rio. Great place to get away. About a 4 hour drive from my place but the wife and I enjoy to get away there for a bit of a break.

Fished around del Rio and also further down stream passed wisemans. The water temp has dropped quite considerably over the last couple of weeks and the fish really were sulking down deep.

We fished mainly the deeper bends with Damiki D & M grubs with good success. There are a lot of EP,s about at the moment and a fair few bream also. We got into the bream around del rio and mainly Ep's further down. Natural colours were working the best over the weekend. Didn't chase any Jew but sounded out and marked some really promising looking holes that I haven't fished before.

Cheers Mitch

Here's one of the EP's taken down past Wisemans

post-58-030605100 1305695502_thumb.jpg

G'day Kelza,

I just spent the last weekend staying at Del Rio. Great place to get away. About a 4 hour drive from my place but the wife and I enjoy to get away there for a bit of a break.

Fished around del Rio and also further down stream passed wisemans. The water temp has dropped quite considerably over the last couple of weeks and the fish really were sulking down deep.

We fished mainly the deeper bends with Damiki D & M grubs with good success. There are a lot of EP,s about at the moment and a fair few bream also. We got into the bream around del rio and mainly Ep's further down. Natural colours were working the best over the weekend. Didn't chase any Jew but sounded out and marked some really promising looking holes that I haven't fished before.

Cheers Mitch

Here's one of the EP's taken down past Wisemans

Thanks heaps mitch :) yeah hopefully we do alright but sucks me and the missus still Savin for a boat so restricted to land ..a nice E.P would be good havnt caught one of them either ...