Dreaming of a hard top

Little Hooker

On 5/24/2011 at 9:30 PM, Little Hooker said:

hey guys,

Had my boat for almost 7yrs now and as you can see from the pic the canopy is on its last legs. Most of the oringnal stitching has deteriorate and im sick of stiching it by hand over and over again to hold it together. I got quote $500 jus to recover the top or $800 with the clears. Ive been doin alot of off shore fishing and had 1 experience where we got soaked by big swells and a westerly. :1badmood: So im thinking of doin a hard top my self since my brother is a tool maker and is a pro welder and im a DIY king so which leads me to think we not have a hard top for my boat :biggrin2:

Tonight is the kick off to my biggest project on my boat and i hope it turns out well. So any input in this project will be greatly appreciated. post-6068-050752700 1306235936_thumb.jpg Before

post-6068-062998900 1306235951_thumb.jpg Maybe after :1yikes: well probably not as smick as the BC but not to far off.

Im thinkin the main frame and the rocker launchers will be out of SS and the roof will be alloy. But i have no idea about the screen. Anyone in the trade of boat window screens or perspec??

Keep a eye on this thread for updates.

It's not hard to do the clears yourself. They may not look quite as professional but there is a big saving and they will still keep the water out.

• Like 1

Hi all...LH,you mite need to consider trim tabs,it doesn’t take much wind to make your boat lean with a hard top.

get your roof height rite,ive found with my last 2 boats,shorter people struggle to put rods in the rocket launchers.

i would fold a lip up at the back of the roof to stop water running off the roof and down your back.

• Like 1