Best BRANDS of Braid for distance surf casting

RNB

Hi People, opening this topic to obtain as much info on the most suitable Brands of braid for distance casting, will be using 20-30 pound braid off beach and rock.

Has any one used power pro or Tuff line braid, which is better, and which has better abrasion resitance and better casting distance. Is it really worth buying japanese brands that cost a bomb $$$$$.

Cheers RNB

Have used on the beach before but only with cheaper brands, still seems to have less resistance to current and waves than mono, haven't had a prob with it.

Hi People, opening this topic to obtain as much info on the most suitable Brands of braid for distance casting, will be using 20-30 pound braid off beach and rock.

Has any one used power pro or Tuff line braid, which is better, and which has better abrasion resitance and better casting distance. Is it really worth buying japanese brands that cost a bomb $$$$$.

Cheers RNB

only one brand has proven it self and holds all australin distance casting records with braid ,fireline no other has comes close ,fishing the beach you dont need any more than 14 lbs ,with good knots it brakes well over that .i use 8 to 10 .

only one brand has proven it self and holds all australin distance casting records with braid ,fireline no other has comes close ,fishing the beach you dont need any more than 14 lbs ,with good knots it brakes well over that .i use 8 to 10 .

where does it say all this info??

I use Fins original PRT for 20/30/50lb braid for surf casting as I reckon Fireline is garbage in heavier breaking strains and too stuff with too much memory- but for lighter work on the beach I choose Fireline over anything else.

Leaders I use Berkley Vanish for 20/14/12/10/8/6/4lb and use Jinkai and Black Magic for 30/40/50/80lb flouro and I STILL get busted off every outing! go figure!...

A word of advice though ATM there are HUGE greenback Taylor around the beaches and they will pop you on anything under 30lb I got busted off on weekend several times on big thumper Taylor and Jew on 50lb braid and doubled 30lb flouro leader- IM upping my next outing to 40 and 50lb flouro as they make such short work of your leaders you should also make up spares prior to going out so you arent spending time retying all your terminal gear when the hoardes of thumpers come through.

Taylor will remain in the area for the next 4-6weeks and this year they are bigger than any year Ive reported @ my spot which Ive fished for the last 7 or 8 years without fail every weekend.

Good luck with it mate beach fishing is awesome def my favourite form been doing it for donkeys years and will always be a sand-slinger til the day I kick the bucket!

Tight lines

Anthony

:D

I use Fins original PRT for 20/30/50lb braid for surf casting as I reckon Fireline is garbage in heavier breaking strains and too stuff with too much memory- but for lighter work on the beach I choose Fireline over anything else.

Leaders I use Berkley Vanish for 20/14/12/10/8/6/4lb and use Jinkai and Black Magic for 30/40/50/80lb flouro and I STILL get busted off every outing! go figure!...

A word of advice though ATM there are HUGE greenback Taylor around the beaches and they will pop you on anything under 30lb I got busted off on weekend several times on big thumper Taylor and Jew on 50lb braid and doubled 30lb flouro leader- IM upping my next outing to 40 and 50lb flouro as they make such short work of your leaders you should also make up spares prior to going out so you arent spending time retying all your terminal gear when the hoardes of thumpers come through.

Taylor will remain in the area for the next 4-6weeks and this year they are bigger than any year Ive reported @ my spot which Ive fished for the last 7 or 8 years without fail every weekend.

Good luck with it mate beach fishing is awesome def my favourite form been doing it for donkeys years and will always be a sand-slinger til the day I kick the bucket!

Tight lines

Anthony

:D

Thanks Anthony,

Finally someone out there that understands my question, thanks for the advice will check it out, have you used power pro or tuff line xp before in these line classes. Also just to let you know all I use at night or late arvo on the beach is 80 lb jinkai......only thing to bust me off is sharks or un-stoppable rays.

If theres any one else out there in this line class off the beach or rock, please send through info on your favourite brands of braid(+advantages)

Anthony good luck on those thumper tailor, if you ever get any pics i'd love to see them.....send em through

Cheers RNB

where does it say all this info??

all the info comes from compeating in these comps ,the Australian AAA championships will be held in SWR in late july .alot will try all sorts of braids ,the winers will be using fireline .there will be a big crew over from all states ,they try hard but are still 10 to 15 mts behind the top NSW casters ,all open records are held by NSW casters .

all the info comes from compeating in these comps ,the Australian AAA championships will be held in SWR in late july .alot will try all sorts of braids ,the winers will be using fireline .there will be a big crew over from all states ,they try hard but are still 10 to 15 mts behind the top NSW casters ,all open records are held by NSW casters .

Back in my "high speed spinning off the rocks" days I ALWAYS used Fireline XDS. Dont even know if its available anymore however back then i did find an El cheapo braid that was almost as good, Jarvis Walker Hercules at 1/3 of the price i wasnt complaining. Nowadays i hardly fish those styles and mainly flick lures in the estuaries. Power pro and Spiderwire are my chosen lines. Ive always heard good things about Fins line aswell but at the end of the day i conclude it like this... ALL BRAIDS SH!T ME TO TEARS UNTIL I HAVE WORN THEM IN! maybe i have a tendency to overstock i dunno, but the fist few weeks of a new braid aint fun!

TD sensor is another good braid if you can afford it.

Musty