Hawkesberry Last Night 3/6/05

jewytim

Well guys you have no idea the effort this is taking but you will understand by the end and i wanted to post this for those going out tonight.

Well me and the famous Narl put in at patonga at 6pm last night, we decided that we would give lion island a whirl first headed out there and fished for about 1 hr for nothing crap crap crap.

So we thought that we would try flint and steel on the way to jerusalem we fished for an hour only pickers.

Well it was starting to get cold nowand it was 9pm that we arrived at jerusalem. Ianchored up the water was still and no boats to be seen. We dropped the baits, one squid one stripy tuna and one floater pillie on gangs, you will all probably know by now my fishing methods.

an hour went by with no bites whatsoever however i didnt feel like moving again, as i was getting to that really cold stage of hibernating, and i knew my spot had potential .

So i started cubing a bag full of stripy my next door neighbour gave me. throwing in 3 small cubes every few minutes, now this is hard to do in our state at this time. Half an hour later our first nibble. Two casts later a tiny chopper tailor and a live bait. This went out and we prioceeded to get more nibbles gradually increasing in frequency then the live bait went off, i lent in felt the weight and gone..... a bodyless taylor came back up.

So we are now warming up with the action cubing continues then my floater bait goes off and a couple of minutes late thrashing around no not a shark but a 3kg salmon!!!

Then we are getting to around midnight i suppose and a good hit on the squid bait a small jewie about 4kg. the fog is rolling in and i cannot see the banks.

more bites chopper tailor a few missed good hits and about half an hour later

another jewie about the same size. now all of a sudden a smash on the stripe tuna and a bloody 4 kg greenback, followed by two others about 2kg. Now its getting into the early hours and still cubing, then a different bite the unmissible slow pull down on the ro missed it narl the same could it be bloody hairtail, now remember im using the jewie rigs at the moment large single hook. so im thinking send some gangs down then narl gets the same bite again but hes into it a snapper about 1kg !!

Now we got 3 more between this and 2kg but a couple that i hit and had on if they were still snapper were alot larger, thsi is unreal and i have not caught them like this before this size in jerusalem

Well i am so stuffed needless to say we cubed and fished till 6am with a fantastic night, it was a major effort cubing but boy did it pay off. So if your going out tonight give jerusalem a go but you will have to perserver for a while with berley.

Now back at patonga at 7am, my place by 8am, netball by 9am, and then work where i am at now by 10 am my eyes are hanging out but what a great night !!! hope this helps people out tonight.

Cheers Tim

p.s sorry cameron you couldnt make it but theres always next week with ehor sat night !! hairtail night maybe but if not hopefully much of the above

Edited by jewytim

Guest Jocool

Good stuff. :thumbup: Pretty good mixed bag. At least this gives us something to do in the wee hours when we are waiting for the non-existant Hairies next week! :yahoo:

Good stuff. :thumbup: Pretty good mixed bag. At least this gives us something to do in the wee hours when we are waiting for the non-existant Hairies next week! :yahoo:

50769[/snapback]

exactly see how thoughtful i am hehe :thumbup:

Well done Tim, that is a marathon effort with a good bag of fish and then family duties and work, how do you do it?

50767[/snapback]

well if you could see me now i cant do anything but its all in the name of fishing we will do anything to have a fish, i guess though seriously doing it this way i still spend my two days off with the family properly and still get to have a fish, that is why i only fish at night of course oh and jewies are up late too :1fishing1:

Tim,

Its the old story; no reward without effort. Made me feel cold just reading your report, particularly the bit when the fog moved in!

I would have loved to have been there, but did not get back until after 6.00 pm and then had reports to write!

But as they say, there is always next week. A 4kg tailer sounds pretty spectacular. I saw a mate catch one that big on Fraser Island some years ago, but have never sighted one like it around Sydney.

Cam