where to fish in forster

cheap charlie

plenty of good beaches south 20 mins towards pacific palms

elizabeth/boomerang/blueys sorry cant remember which one we used to go off the rocks at but it was the southern end

as for foster the bridges are lovely for whiting/flathead and bream and Dolphins lol

Mudcrabs are up the back reaches

if you get a tinny beware the tides they get very strong around those bridges/entrance

Hey mate,

theres a few spots up there that are good, im nbot sure what the tides are doing but if you get a tide change early mornning as the sun is just coming up there always flathead on offer between the forster wharf (the one behind main street) all the way around to the brige and in the marina it self.i was up there last weekend and in an hour i got 5 flathead on plastic in that area with a squidgey black and gold colour size 4.

if your are looking for weed there are two places where i get mine, one is the pool that is on main beach there is normally some in there and sometimes if you are lucky there is some on the break wall but that stuff usally goes really fast.

also a few jackets around the forster wharf using prawn just about 10min off the floating patton only touble is goinmg through all the small fish and there are bream where ever you can find structure, the best way i find thta is not on lure is fishing with very little weight or none at all and letting it drift down in the current works best in the pylons around the bridge and jettys around there, i got two last week usinf hot chip :s so they really do hit anything at the moment.

hope this helps

mate if fishing landbased fish of the breakwall and fish close in for bream. You will catch plenty.

If you have a car get down to elizabeth beach and fish for whiting with beach worms. If the swell is low you will actaully set the schools of whiting swimming through the gutters.

Ther are plenty of boat hire places in forster so get youtself a boat for a day and go and anchor right up near the oyster leases, in particualar a bit further up the lake. Cast a pillie upstream ofthe drift and let the bait drift down. You will hook up a lot of flathead in about the 40cm range. You can also berley with breadcrumbs and tuna oil and cast towards the oyster leases with lightly weighted pillies for bream.

Good luck.

Anthony