Slimey To The Moon

Captain Pugwash

yet another magnificent day to be on the water.

Started at a gentlemanly hour of 10.30am and after recent failures decided to skip the yakkas and head around the front to Bluefish Point. There were a few boats around but our "spot" was open so in we went, anchor, berley and bang! Straight onto a plate size squire followed by a lovely trevally. Over the next hour or so we caught and released another 6 or so trevs and also kept another 2 decent ones.

So, with dinner on board we decided to head back inside the harbour. Over to our usual spot, anchors away and for 2 hours just kept getting slimey after slimey after slimey. No trevs, no squire, no tailor, not even our recent favourite John Dory.

Eventually we decide to head to Dobroyd Pt. Apart from a few small squire we are inundated again with slimeys! They seem to be everywhere at the moment!

And so endeth yet another beautiful day on this magnificent harbour. If this is as bad as it gets on a winter day then bring it on.

Not fishing tomorrow :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2: but next Sunday am planning my first EVER trip out wide on the Black Pig chasing Tuna. :1clap::1clap::1clap: I have two experienced deckies on board to show me the ropes and I am just praying the weather is OK. Hopefully it will be all :biggrin2: next weekend!

Cheers

Pete

Guest Jocool

A feed is a feed....even without a Dory Pete! Good stuff! :thumbup:

And good luck with the toona next week. :1clap:

Going wide to chase Tuna. Pete I wish I hadnt changed my plans.

51007[/snapback]

Weasel,

you should know better than to knock back a day on the Pig. :074: There's always next time. Besides, you have already caught a fin whilst onboard the Black Pig and that was only twenty metres offshore.

Cheers

Pete

What a day to be on the water. Do you ever go home empty handed anymore?

Love the title of this thread too.

Good luck with the 'fin on the weekend, wish I could've made it.

Thanks Swoff,

We occasionally don't bring home a feed but very rarely.

Re. the title. It just came into my head on Sat while we were catching so many of them. Dollface thought it was funny the first 30 or so times that I sang it but eventually gave me a bit of :thumbdown: and told me to shutup!

I'm hanging for the weather to be right for Sunday. Can't wait!

Cheers

Pete

Yeah it's funny,

I can't seem to catch the live bait size ones for love nor money at balmoral but the horse size ones are there in droves. Seems all the markers in the Harbour you just berley up and they are there in droves! Almost to the point of being annoying. I haven't tried eating the slimey's, does anyone know if they are edible?

Is it only Wednesday? Can't wait for three whole days out there this weekend! :1clap:

Bring it on

Pete