Daiwa Saltist Spare Spool

Mr.KingSpooled

Hey Raiders,

Ive been thinking of getting a 2nd spool for my saltist 6500H so I can spool it with 80lb braid. As the current spool I have is spooled with 50lb and its still capable of handling more im sure !!

Where would I be able to get a second spool? Secondly, would it be worth it? Because ive heard around that apparently the 6500 wont handle the 80lb braid, yet on the actual spool it self says that its able to handle 50-60-80lb braids. So I guessed that basically if it says it can handle 80lb im not out of my limits?

Any advice on this would be great fellas as I wanna get this all setup before our tuna hunt on the 18th of June.

Cheers raiders,

jez

hey mate just go into your local tackle store and get them to order a spool for ya from Daiwa......they aint to cheap but mate, secondly what i would recommend is get ya handle fitted with the saltiga ball grip if ya havent already :biggrin2:

I wouldn't waste time upgrading the drag washers etc unless the current ones are worn out. The body of the reel is not the same as that of a saltiga. Daiwa recommends 15kg of drag so if you put much more pressure it will most likely end in tears.

I wouldn't waste time upgrading the drag washers etc unless the current ones are worn out. The body of the reel is not the same as that of a saltiga. Daiwa recommends 15kg of drag so if you put much more pressure it will most likely end in tears.

Cheers for the input bud, took the recommendations and yeah didnt bother upgrading the actual drag washers, and also didnt bother upgrading to the saltiga handle for 2 reasons !! 1 its not as comfy in my hands as the T'bar and 2nd'ly its $180 :| .... for a handle !!! So I just got my self a brand new spool, spooled with 80LB Penn Coloured Braid, nice and thin and good quality stuff !!

That matched with my new Diawa Monster Mesh Max 300g should be able to smash up most fish, hopefully !!

Cheers matey,

jez

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers for the input bud, took the recommendations and yeah didnt bother upgrading the actual drag washers, and also didnt bother upgrading to the saltiga handle for 2 reasons !! 1 its not as comfy in my hands as the T'bar and 2nd'ly its $180 :| .... for a handle !!! So I just got my self a brand new spool, spooled with 80LB Penn Coloured Braid, nice and thin and good quality stuff !!

That matched with my new Diawa Monster Mesh Max 300g should be able to smash up most fish, hopefully !!

Cheers matey,

jez

Out of interest how much was the spare spool ? I have a Saltist 4500 and have been thinking to get a spare spool for similar reasons as yourself.

Thanks

Cameron