Tasty Mako on the BBQ

Pongrass18ft

Hi Raiders

Having a get together tomorrow with family and friends and they are looking forward to my Mako Souvlakia which I have told them all about :thumbup:

Ingredients are: Mako Shark, green capsicum, onion, grape tomatoes and bacon all cut up into wedges and placed on skewer. I then drizzle the souvlakia with a marinated olive oil and garlic and leave in fridge overnight. All that is left is to cook on BBQ the next day.

I found this to be an absolute beautiful way to eat Mako Shark as there is so much meat you get sick of always eating just plain fillets.

A must try to all fisho's.

Chris

post-13990-011028200 1307770810_thumb.jpg

post-13990-093263300 1307770817_thumb.jpg

post-13990-007144100 1307770828_thumb.jpg

you have made super hungry right now mate, thats a vikings feed :dwarf:

The first time I made these I thought I made too much as it was only myself and my wife eating and I ended up make around 20 of them.....but you know what, we ended up eating them all. A vikings feed alright.

Chris

I could smash 20 x of the right now... looks great!

How big was the mako to make all those?

Cheer

Trung

Hi Trung

The slabs I used for these were approximately 4kg in weight. I was lucky enough to score 2 Mako's in the last month or so and I've been able to create different dishes.

Chris

Ella Chris!, that looks awesome mate. well done, nothing like a nice souvlaki! Yum Yum

Yasoo!

Ella BillyD

Thanks mate. I have to admit they're very tasty, the meat is nice and firm and easy to make souvlakia with. Tomorrow is going to be a big gathering, about 40 of us, :1gathering: so I'm sure we'll all enjoy eating them.

Chris

Hi Raiders

Having a get together tomorrow with family and friends and they are looking forward to my Mako Souvlakia which I have told them all about :thumbup:

Ingredients are: Mako Shark, green capsicum, onion, grape tomatoes and bacon all cut up into wedges and placed on skewer. I then drizzle the souvlakia with a marinated olive oil and garlic and leave in fridge overnight. All that is left is to cook on BBQ the next day.

I found this to be an absolute beautiful way to eat Mako Shark as there is so much meat you get sick of always eating just plain fillets.

A must try to all fisho's.

Chris

looks simply yummie! never thought of putting bacon with shark before, will give this a go for sure!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...