Sydney Harbour.

Guest Jocool

Guest Jocool

Alas, not much fishing to report on today! All I managed to score was a keeper bream and a nice Leathery, that both fell to a $2.50 bait jig. :074:

Tried a couple of different spots through the Harbour for nil results as far as a late season Kings go. Started of at Quarantine and spent the bulk of the morning there. Only got one touch but no hook-up. Some guys in a boat near me got done over on 6 KG tackle, so I'm assuming the Kings are still around.

Looked around for some Salmon as I have heard they are about, but I didn't find any. :(

Dobroyd Head...Nil.

Sow and Pigs....numerous Pinkies.

Wedding Cake...Dropped a good bream near the boat, and countless Pinkies.

Rose Bay....Zip!

But I can report about ramp shenanigans! In hind sight we can laugh about them, but at the time, they are SOOOOO annoying! :badair:

Never ceases to amaze me how many people think it is absolutely fine and normal to prep their boats for launch...ON THE RAMP! And what about queue jumpers! :ranting2: Or the Einstiens that think its fine to take up more than their share of wharf space? Or what about the guys that launch solo, like I do, but decide that the perfect mooring for their boat while they park their car is right next to the trailer...ON THE 2ND LANE ON A 2 LANE RAMP!!!! :1badmood:

You would think thats enough for one day! But not on your nelly! Retrieving was just as much fun!

First there was the guy with a broken down van that thought it was fine to leave his bus in front of my car in the park! :1happybday: Then there was the guy that didnt know if he wanted to pull in to the wharf or not. Kept going in and out...and in the process not letting any one else dock! And the guy that walked his boat round mine, just so he could be closer to the ramp edge, THEN decided he needed to go get his car, just as I'm about to walk my boat to my trailer which was already on the ramp! :wub:

And lets not forget the guy who had a 22 ft trailer...for his 16 ft cat! :action-smiley-031: He stuck his trailer on the ramp, then disappeared for 15 minutes to go and get his boat! I nearly had to swim my boat over to my trailer on the far lane! :1wallbash:

Oh well...Its great to get out there, even if the fishing wasn't great! :1crybaby:

Edited by Jocool

Bad luck with the fishing Joe, you did better than I did today. Which ramp were you at? I'll remember to stay away from there. I put in at Bayview, it must be one of the best ramps around, two 3 trailer width ramps, so if there are any gooses, there seems to be plenty of room.

Guest Jocool

Rose Bay boat ramp boys. Not usually this bad, but the unseasonable warm weather we have had has put everyone back in the mood! :1prop:

Boat ramps are always interesting places :1naughty: . On any given Sunday during spring /summer /autumn you can bet on a good afternoons entertainment at a boat ramp. Take a 6 pack of coldies & find a comfortable spot & let the games begin :1prop:

good read Joe pity about the fish (or lack of them)

how about the guy who goes to retrive his boat then realises after backing down the ramp that he left his winch handle on the trailer and some nice person stole it. so he spends 15 minutes on the ramp using a socket spanner as a handle until another boatie lends him his one for the last 4 feet.

that guy was me yesterday arvo at cooks river ramp :1badmood:

Boat ramps are always interesting places  :1naughty: . On any given Sunday during spring /summer /autumn you can bet on a good afternoons entertainment at a boat ramp. Take a 6 pack of coldies & find a comfortable spot & let the games begin  :1prop:

50996[/snapback]

To right Ken, I dont know why "Funniest Home Videos" has not made a special on boat ramps yet.

As you say any given weekend take the esky and chair down to your favourite ramp and let the laughs begin :074::074::074::074:

riders

Guest Jocool

Seriously, I don't normally have too many dramas on that ramp. The occasional delay isn't a problem. But on Snday, I got the entire book of bad etiquete thrown at me! :wacko: