YFT's Sydney Wide

Secho

As always, a big thanks to Mike and Dave for another awsome day on reef magic!

We spent a little time around north and south head looking for some livies and managed to find a patch of slimies before heading out wide in search of the cold water.

We were well wide of Sydney on the troll when we the first of the reels took off.. after a quick debate about who should go first Cammo jumped onto it and boated a YFT around the 30kg mark - great start to the day!

Within minutes we were on again, this time on the shot gun which was well and truly way out the back - felt like a solid fish due to the distance from the boat however our hopes of a second fin dipped as we got an Alby onto the deck.. somewhere around the 6 to 8kg mark - still a good fish.

Dave spent some time teaching us how to properly dress the fin which was fantastic to learn - much appreciated Dave!

We found cold water well wide and laid out a cube trail.. I got straight onto jigging the trail and sure enough, first drop and we were back on.

Passed the rod to Doc to have a go however after about 10 minutes he was happy to give it back to me - we were onto a solid fish... played it safe and before too long we had our second fin on the deck - around 25 to 30kg

We put a livey out and continued to cube, started running pillies up and down the trail and kept someone jigging all the time as well.. got to about 3:30 and wind had kicked up and despite very little swell, we were seeing some decent sized water quite close together... Dave reckoned things were looking fishy..

Within minutes of Dave's call one of the pillies took a hit and we were back into the action.. we grabbed Dennis who had never caught a fish before, let alone been out to sea on a game boat and put him into position.. for a first timer he copped an experience that many long time fisho's have only dreamed of.. the most stubborn yft I have ever seen gave him the fight of a life time... some 45 minutes later we had the double within 2m of the boat about 15 or 20 times... this thing just kept going back - eventually Dennis won the fight and we had our biggest for the day - a 40kg fin.

Things kept going and we fought another 3 fish yesterday afternoon, boating two more fin around the 25 to 30kg mark and having a 6th one bust off right at the boat.

With 5 of us on board and 5 good fin on the deck we decided to call a fellow boat over to our spot to take over our trail... they'd been into it all day long and hadnt turned a reel.. within 15 minutes of us passing over to them, they had a big bust off and another 40kg fin on their boat - great way to end the day.

Thanks again Mike, Dave, Damo - you never let us down!

post-10991-071725200 1309306358_thumb.jpg

post-10991-017706500 1309306409_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Marty

Hi Marty,

Stewart Graham here, well done on the fish looks like you had one of those days that everyone on board will remember. Hopefully i will have a similar day later this week.

Stewart

Hi Stuart,

We'll be out there again tomorrow SE of Browns.. will be in a mates Haines tomorrow - give us a shout if you're out there.. I think he usually sticks to ch 22 and 71

Cheers

Marty