albright know please help!

Hi friends,

Ive been trying a few different knots to connect my bimini twist (braid) to my fluro leader.

Its 30lb braid to 50lb fluro.

Ive put it down to either the GT knot or the albright. but everytime i do the albright i get this stupid loop! is this meant to happen?

also i think i tied this by fluke. every other time i did it the fluro slipped straight through its so frustrating!!

this is a pic of my knot sorry bout the quality taken off my phone - please any input would be great.

Chers Stan aka predator

post-16847-044253900 1309346323_thumb.jpg

Hiya Stan

No you should not have a loop hanging out there when the knots completed. If the knots pulling through you are most likely not taking the tag through the loop the same way you went when you started the knot. Click on the button at the top of the page called knots there is a clip of how to tie an albright.Hope it helps you

Cheers Blood Knot

ive never used the one on the link above, i used the improved that has a series of Xs through the knot.

and, if you are having trouble getting the braid to come up tight through the whole knot, leave the tag on the fluoro long enough to grab both end and split them to force the braid up tight on itself. hope this helps, prefer uni to uni myself.

Hiya Stan

No you should not have a loop hanging out there when the knots completed. If the knots pulling through you are most likely not taking the tag through the loop the same way you went when you started the knot. Click on the button at the top of the page called knots there is a clip of how to tie an albright.Hope it helps you

Cheers Blood Knot

Hi Blood Knot, thanks for the tip, i think im a little confused as to which one should be the tag end. Even though my bimini is a loop i was making a loop out of my mono leader and wrapping my bimini around that. If this is correct, is my braid in this instance the tag?

Thanks again

Hi Blood Knot, thanks for the tip, i think im a little confused as to which one should be the tag end. Even though my bimini is a loop i was making a loop out of my mono leader and wrapping my bimini around that. If this is correct, is my braid in this instance the tag?

Thanks again

Yes it is - trim this off after tying the knot - also have a look for the improved albright which sees you winding the braid up around the loop and then back down again before putting he tag back though the loop. - So when the knot is completed ie: lubricated with spit and pulled up tight you should end up with a mono tag (from the loop you formed + the looped tag of the braid so trim off both)

Yes it is - trim this off after tying the knot - also have a look for the improved albright which sees you winding the braid up around the loop and then back down again before putting he tag back though the loop. - So when the knot is completed ie: lubricated with spit and pulled up tight you should end up with a mono tag (from the loop you formed + the looped tag of the braid so trim off both)

Cheers BlookKnot,

I think i did do an albright knot here, because i wrapped the braid back up its self. So am i correct in assuming that if i cut off the loop that hard formed in my pic that i have completed the albright? if so, by cutting the loop in my bimini have i weakened the bimini?

Thanks again

No if your Bimini is tied well you should be able to continue to re-rig (ie : re-tie another Albright to the 2 Bimini tails) until such time as the Bimini gets too short or you figure it 's time to start again. But make sure when re tying to a cut Bimini that you have both Bimini legs under equal tension when knotting up. Others may have different/alternative or more informed opinions on this. For me I have used this exact connection but on light tackle (8kg braid to 20kg leader) and have had no probs.

Cheers Blood Knot

No if your Bimini is tied well you should be able to continue to re-rig (ie : re-tie another Albright to the 2 Bimini tails) until such time as the Bimini gets too short or you figure it 's time to start again. But make sure when re tying to a cut Bimini that you have both Bimini legs under equal tension when knotting up. Others may have different/alternative or more informed opinions on this. For me I have used this exact connection but on light tackle (8kg braid to 20kg leader) and have had no probs.

Cheers Blood Knot

Thanks Blood Knot thats awesome ill tes it out on sunday hopefully on some hard pulling fish!