Brooklyn, any good fishing landbased?

piratesgold

I have been told Brooklyn is a good spot to go landbased, but i know nothing of the area. wev are planning a weekend out somewhere, to do a bit of fishing, landbased, possibly this weekend if the weather is fair. but it needs to be good access for the missus, also need somewhere to park the camper van. does anyone have any advice on the area. a decent fishing jetty would also be good. we will be travelling out from Orange cheers John and Jackie

Kangaroo point wharf

on the south eastern side of the old bridge

just exit the freeway left at mooney loop around to your right under freeway turn right onto old pacific highway cross the old bridge and then do a hard left and go down the hill to wharf

bream /flathead etc etc

comfy wharf and pontoon

easy access usually plenty of parking

campervan may need a 5 point turn to get out though

Ah yes i see it now, i just threw some extra logs in the computer boiler and managed to get google maps up and running, yep i see the spot, and a lot of other half decent spots, some good tide swirls too. thanks for that,MtC just got to figure where we can 'overnight park' and watch the forecast.......

Edited by piratesgold

Next to the train line in sandbrook inlet there is a very rundown old little jetty. I fished it 2 years ago and came home with 2 legal flatties, flounder, whiting and a big bream. It doesn't look too good and im not sure if the jetty is still there but just use prawns for bait. Fish for an hour or so and if no luck then move on. Its really hit and miss. Near the marina there is a big walkway and wharf and have seen people targeting bream, flathead and jewies there! If you can hire a boat and try dangar island ( SW corner preferably and you should get flatties, whiting, bream and even crabs and the occassional legal tailor! Havent fished here for a few months but we always get a fish or two here!

Kangaroo point wharf has been banned for fishing by Hornsby Council!!!!

i fish there every few weeks with my kids

and so do a ton of other people

seriously has a no fishing sign ever stopped a true fisho

its not like its a ferry transit point

we keep it clean and reel in if and when a boat wants to land

and all a ranger will do is ask you to move on ffs

and ive never seen a ranger there!!

jeez what a pack of wowzers

Edited by mtcolah

i fish there every few weeks with my kids

and so do a ton of other people

seriously has a no fishing sign ever stopped a true fisho

its not like its a ferry transit point

we keep it clean and reel in if and when a boat wants to land

and all a ranger will do is ask you to move on ffs

and ive never seen a ranger there!!

jeez what a pack of wowzers

obviously a different breed of Rangers at the coast, out here in the bush we breed em tough, :action-smiley-073: they are recruited as too nasty for the gestapo, they have the ticket written before they ask to see yer licience or check your catch (the ones at Burrendong are ok ) they even do stakeouts just before the end of closed season.

meantimes the missus :08: decided she wants to catch a salmon, which will be interesting to watch :074: since the biggest fish she's ever caught is a half kilo mullet, and she wants to go around Wollongong, Windang, Kiama off the beaches. Suits me, as long as there is fish to catch :fish_h4h: and beer to drink :beersmile: . thanks guys for the pointers, we will have a go around there later in the year

Edited by piratesgold