Lake Jindabyne

Justin

Hi Everyone,

Heading to Jindy for 3 days this weekend to snowboard.

I think its possibly raining on one day so I am going to take two rods with me.

One is a 6lb drop shot flicky one, the other a ****** special 9lb mono.

Can any one PM me spot thats are a short drive or walk from the town to go for some trout or salmon?

Any tips on rigs, bait or types of lure that work would be much appreciated as I only ever go for Bass in the fresh up in Sydney.

Many thanks.

My two cents worth, find a wash or soak and set up a running rig with the smallest sinker possible, 4-6lb fluoro and a tiny hook. chuck a powerbait nugget on the hook and you are away, the powerbait floats so the sinker sits on the bottom and the nugget will suspend above the weedbed. Works for me at eucumbene

For what its worth, growing up in North America, we used to fish trout out of the lakes on treble hooks with small marshmallows for bait.

A trip to Europe last year also re-proved that bread is a gun bait for most fish. The trout in the stream went crazy for it.

Yeah powerbati is great, we used it at Lake Eucumbene and got plenty of rainbows. We were using 4lb leader with really tiny hooks, like those kids use for goldfish justabout. Rainbow worked well in the day and orange pulp worked well at night. Apparantly chunky cheese is the top flavour and catches quite a few browns as well. Experiment with different colours and find what works,

Jeremy

• 1 year later...

My two cents worth, find a wash or soak and set up a running rig with the smallest sinker possible, 4-6lb fluoro and a tiny hook. chuck a powerbait nugget on the hook and you are away, the powerbait floats so the sinker sits on the bottom and the nugget will suspend above the weedbed. Works for me at eucumbene

what is a wash/soak?